hum gone

  • rubybeth2001
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2010
      Hi
      for the last 4 years i had been experiencing the hum at my house and surrounds. it was getting to a point where sometimes i would be up at 2am driving around just to get away from it. It was like a systematic torture. An invasion of your mind and head.
      i have since moved from my house. 20minutes away. At first i could feel the hum very slightly. Sometimes when i would park my car in the driveway and turn the engine off, it would be there. But the one thing i noticed about moving to my new house is that the hum is not as intense and i don't have the pressure in my head. Three months later and it has nearly all but gone. I am getting a normal nights sleep without being woken up in the middle of the night by vibrations or a pressure in the head.
      What made it all come to a head and i decided to move was one night i was woken up at about 2am by vibrations. i was exremely tired, i went into the lounge room to sleep...sometimes this helped. I then sat up and my head started spinning. I couldn't move. It felt like everything was falling around me. An ambulance was called and i was taken to hospital. Trying to explain to the doctors what had triggered this was like speaking a foreign language. NO-ONE has heard of the hum. It took me months to recover from this. My head was very much affected and my sense of balance.It was then i decided to leave. The next time i figured i would end up having a stroke and not survive.
      i still suffer from depression but having a good nights sleep is helping greatly.
      My other house is on the market. when i walk in the door i can feel the pressure straight away and i can't wait to leave it.
      I would recommend anyone who is driven to distraction by this hum to leave...if they can. I know i was driven to dark thoughts by this experience and i am convinced it very nearly killed me. And i don't think i am being too dramatic.
      Fiona
    • Donna Few
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 8, 2010
        Rubybeth,

        I too left my home.  The move devastated me and my family, but I'm much better off away from that hum.  My house just sold, but through foreclosure.  I too could hear and felt the hum vibrating, often, when I stepped foot into the house.  Finally, it sold but I gained nothing from the sale but peace of mind due to closure from that part of the nightmare.  I had recent contact with one of the top lawyers  in  U.S. who  represents  people  exposed  to  unhealthy levels of  electromagnetic  frequencies.   She  said  I  have  a  good  case, but she only  represents  people  who  got  cancer after being exposed.  I'm done with seeking retribution for my many losses; the most valuable ones are irreplaceable anyway.

        Donna

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            humforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
            humforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • rubybeth2001
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 9, 2010
          Hi Donna
          i am glad to hear that you finally found peace like i have. when you have been through what we have experienced i don't think you can put a price on it.
          I also loved my old house. We had been there for nearly 10 years and my son grew up there. My son found it hard to cope with the move. Leaving all of his friends but I knew if he wanted a mother who was well and sane that we would have to move.My husband travels alot so it didn't worry him as much.
          I too have found peace at my new home. I still to this day do not know where the hum was coming from at my old house. I only know that i still feel it when i go back there to check on it. I am sorry to here that you lost in the sale of your house but i agree that you will gain much more with peace of mind and good health.
          cheers Fiona

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Donna Few <profitzzzz@...> wrote:

          > Rubybeth,
          >
          > I too left my home.  The move devastated me and my family, but I'm much better off away from that hum.  My house just sold, but through foreclosure.  I too could hear and felt the hum vibrating, often, when I stepped foot into the house.  Finally, it sold but I gained nothing from the sale but peace of mind due to closure from that part of the nightmare.  I had recent contact with one of the top lawyers  in  U.S. who  represents  people  exposed  to  unhealthy levels of  electromagnetic  frequencies.   She  said  I  have  a  good  case, but she only  represents  people  who  got  cancer after being exposed.  I'm done with seeking retribution for my many losses; the most valuable ones are irreplaceable anyway.
          >
          > Donna

        • mack_colin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 19, 2010
            Thats good if you can find somewhere that has no hum, but I am wondering whether you just had a localised hum due to industrial or other service industries around you, rather than the 'real hum'.

            I suffer from the hum and have lived all over the UK and parts of Europe due to my work, and I always get the hum after the 'holiday' effect wears off, where the hum dissapears for a few days due to travelling.

            OK, I agree some places do dampen the real hum down a bit. I was living for a while in a sandy area on a peninsula surrounded three sides by water, miles away from any industry and electricity pylons and that seemed to reduce the intensity. Why? I have no idea.

            Also I was in a third floor flat for a while without double glazing and that cut down the hum intensity.

            The only way I could move house now, is to live in a new house as a rental for a while, until I could prove the hum is reduced or gone. Then I would buy it at any price, to get a nights quiet sleep.

            Cheers Colin Mack, West Central Scotland.
          • Donna Few
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
              Hi Mack Colin,

              I like your attitude, you seem to cope well with this situation.  I don't hear the stress and pain coming from your comments, as it does from many of us.  Perhaps that's due to level of intensity experienced, but perhaps it's just about who you are and how you cope.  You're an inspiration.

              Thanks,

              Donna

[...]

                "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe

              • daveycannon
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
                  Hi Fiona,

                  Could you please explain this pressure in your head.
                  I have been having headaches for the past probably 4 months and the doctor suggested an MRI scan. The scan showed all normal and I'm left wondering what's going on. The only consistant "stress" is the hum. Until now I've never had headaches.

                  My head seems sensitive around lower back area of the skull (Occipital area). Is that where your pressure is?

                  Dave

                • patty94@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "daveycannon" <daveycannon@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Fiona,
                    >
                    > Could you please explain this pressure in your head.
                    > I have been having headaches for the past probably 4 months and the doctor suggested an MRI scan. The scan showed all normal and I'm left wondering what's going on. The only consistant "stress" is the hum. Until now I've never had headaches.
                    >
                    > My head seems sensitive around lower back area of the skull (Occipital area). Is that where your pressure is?
                    >
                    > Dave
                    >

                    > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "rubybeth2001" <rubybeth2001@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi
                    > > for the last 4 years i had been experiencing the hum at my house and surrounds. it was getting to a point where sometimes i would be up at 2am driving around just to get away from it. It was like a systematic torture. An invasion of your mind and head.
                    > > i have since moved from my house. 20minutes away. At first i could feel the hum very slightly. Sometimes when i would park my car in the driveway and turn the engine off, it would be there. But the one thing i noticed about moving to my new house is that the hum is not as intense and i don't have the pressure in my head. Three months later and it has nearly all but gone. I am getting a normal nights sleep without being woken up in the middle of the night by vibrations or a pressure in the head.
                    > > What made it all come to a head and i decided to move was one night i was woken up at about 2am by vibrations. i was exremely tired, i went into the lounge room to sleep...sometimes this helped. I then sat up and my head started spinning. I couldn't move. It felt like everything was falling around me. An ambulance was called and i was taken to hospital. Trying to explain to the doctors what had triggered this was like speaking a foreign language. NO-ONE has heard of the hum. It took me months to recover from this. My head was very much affected and my sense of balance.It was then i decided to leave. The next time i figured i would end up having a stroke and not survive.
                    > > i still suffer from depression but having a good nights sleep is helping greatly.
                    > > My other house is on the market. when i walk in the door i can feel the pressure straight away and i can't wait to leave it.
                    > > I would recommend anyone who is driven to distraction by this hum to leave...if they can. I know i was driven to dark thoughts by this experience and i am convinced it very nearly killed me. And i don't think i am being too dramatic.
                    > > Fiona

                    Hi Fiona and Dave;
                    I have the pressure too with a sensation of pins and needles especially at the base of the skull. The sensation is most obvious when I try to remain still like when typing on the computer or sitting and leaning forward watching TV.
                    I have smaller spots on my scalp that get aggravated when I'm around a Blackberry thats on too.
                    If I move around I can moderate the feeling, getting physical exercise seems to relieve a pressure ( blood build-up?)some times just standing up relieves it or keeps it from building-up.
                    Do any of you guys have that sensation?
                    I'm going to have to look at the map of Australia to see where Canberra is, but I think it is a distance from New South Wales, like the other side of the Continent.
                    A lady named Pam is in N.S.W. she is learning to deal with the HUM too.
                    Patty
                    Southern Ontario, Canada
                  • rubybeth2001
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
                      Hi Dave and Lyn
                      No i didn't feel pins and needles in my head.
                      The pressure i felt was in the ears and covered most of the top part of my head. This pressure was always accompanied by the buzzing, ringing,humming of the hum.I often had to swallow to unblock my ears to help relieve the pressure.i would also feel it outside. I would go outside to hang the washing out and there it would be.the Hum i think is different for everyone.I also used to get headaches. I think it was mainly from the stress of having this thing inside your head all the time.

                      The town where i lived was about 20mins outside of Toowoomba.I don;t know if this is of any help but it was in a little depression with hills all around. We would notice that when the rains came, quite often the clouds would sweep around us and leave us dry. Where i am now i am up much higher more on the top of a range.Don't know whether that makes a difference. I would also notice if i parked outside the primary school i would feel it while sitting in my car. The school was only about a two minute walk from my house.

                      Sometimes it would go on and off like someone was turning on an appliance. I think for the last year i lived in my house i would have averaged about 2-3 hours sleep a night.I was a wreck.
                      I also think that the hum experience is different for many people. Some only experience it slightly so that it is irritating but they can learn to live with it. Others like me feel it physically to the point where everyday life would become unbearable.
                      I often would take hotel rooms in Toowoomba just to get away from it. The thing i noticed is that if i got a room on the ground floor i would hear the hum but if my room was first or second floor...no hum.
                      That is why i chose a house that is raised quite considerably off the ground. i am sure i was picking up something through the ground.
                      In my new house i sometimes feel a slight hum but it is usually very fleeting. Usually when i am stressed or tired...but since i have been in my new house i no longer experience the pressure in my head.
                      i Know alot of people on this site try to fathom what is causing it. I did too but in the end it got to a stage where i didn't care anymore.It was all becoming too much.

                      I think people also need to talk about how they are feeling with the hum. I don't think it is wingeing.I know there are some on this site who are emotionally at the end of their tether with it. I know sometimes i would feel at breaking point too. My husband and son didn't feel it so i had no- one to talk to about it. This site is great for people who want to discuss the hum and discuss what it might be but for some of us that are not technically minded it all becomes a bit of a blurr after a while.

                      I hope this has helped in any way
                      cheers Fiona
                    • Jerry
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 10, 2010
                        Hi,
                        Pressure-headache-buzzing-ringing ? Sounds like a neurological problem to me. Maybe a tumor? Tinitus also.
                      • rubybeth2001
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 11, 2010
                          Hi Jerry
                          No my head is fine. Had the CT scans MRI's..you name it I have had it. I also have tinnitis..the hum is something completely different...cheers Fiona

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 12, 2010
                            >Pressure-headache-buzzing-ringing.....

                            This pressure on the head is an effect of the hum, as there is vibration through the air and up through the pillow if the hum is intense.

                            Even with countermeasures like a foam earplug, I can wake up in the morning with a real nasty splitting headache requiring headache powders to reduce the pain.

                            Once, when I was in a hired static caravan on holiday a number of years back, it was so intense, that I felt as though my spine was actually burning when lying in bed, and had to throw myself outside of the caravan in my pyjamas, as I instantly do not hear or feel the hum outside. Luckly it has never been as bad as that since.

                            I find now when the pressures (vibrations) of the hum is intense, to either go outside of my house for relief, or use headphones with continious music to drown out the hum and its vibration.

                            Cheers Colin Mack, West Coast, Central Scotland.