Re: Heard in Utah

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi,
      Now,upon thinking about sound sand makes at dunes, I doubt that it would travel hundreds of miles. The Hum is more steady and also, comparing it to a diesel truck engine idling is a bit off the mark. It is a smooth low slow deep tone that oscillates just a little at less than 10 hertz more or less. It's also hard to believe it's in my ears. By the way, I am camping out in the quiet country when I noticed it.
    • patty94@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jjaran2@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > A yahoo news item about the hum recently perked me up because I have heard a deep slow pulse in Moab, Utah and maybe near Death Valley a month or so ago. It's difficult to remember where but I think for sure in Moab a few weeks ago. I don't think it lasted for hours;more like minutes because I would forget about it as I concentrated on reading on the web or whatever.
        > It reminded me of the deep hum at sand dunes. I was at the Kelso train depot in the Mohave Preserve below Baker,ca. The dunes are nearby. The exhibit inside the museum had a recording of the very low and deep hum that sand makes when the wind pushes the sand down the slopes. I know this hum is heard worldwide but the thought occurred to me that the wind currents might carry the sound to other areas. Possible?
        > The Moab area has lots of soft desert sand and , of course, Death Valley.

        Hi Jerry; While the Mohave Preserve sounds like a very pleasant experience. I think the hum that is aggravating around the earth, can not be walked away from. Most of us can only wish that it lasted for an hour (even if it was only an hour a day)
        This hum can be heard by one person and no one else in the area hears it. I believe that what is causing the hum can make a person lose concentration though.
        The hum I hear is 24 hours a day and seven days a week, almost seven years now and it's not tinnitus or acoustic sound of any sort.

        The hum I hear ruins my natural experiences that I always loved.

        The Microwave Auditory Hearer
        Patty