Re: my hum is gone, replaced with vibrations

  • glitchinmymatrix
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2010
      Now I think I've found the cause of my vibrations too - the box fan I used to cover up the hum. After turning the fan off two nights in a row, I've noticed the vibrations stop immediately. Before and after I ever heard the hum, I would use the fan to mask noise. I'm new to a house with wood floors, though, and the wood floors might explain how the vibrations from the fan travel through the floor so easily. I still don't really see why I would feel them in bed but not on the floor. Also, when I was hearing the hum and feeling vibrations, even sleeping in another room I would feel the vibrations.

      The whole bit about the alcohol definitely makes me think that hearing the hum involves having a sensitivity to thing(s). Of course, most people here can't factor this into their own experiences.

      Anyway, so I'm experimenting moving the fan to different parts of my room to reduce the vibrations. I imagine that the vibrations could easily be felt after they've traveled a distance. Really I think when they start at a source (like the end of a rod), you can see it more like you can see the outer ripples in a wave are more broad.

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "jay" <jaytee110180@...> wrote:

      > I've often wondered about that too. I drink and its because of the perticular hum we have here.
      >
      > Now that the ecconomy is doing so poorly and my local fiberboard plant is running at half capacity I simply don't have to drink as often. At half capacity there's only one grinder working so I only hear the hum from it and not all the low frequency beats (.1 to 4 Hz) when a second system is running beside it.
      >
      > Best luck!
      > Jay T.
      >

      > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "glitchinmymatrix" <NUMBER4940@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's been three or so weeks that I have not heard the hum at all. Instead, though, I'm feeling the vibrations in bed that I used to feel when the hum was really bad. But, now the vibrations are not as bothersome as they used to be.
      > >
      > > Months ago it was like this: hum was bad and vibrations were bothersome enough that I could not sleep in bed.
      > >
      > > Then the hum died down and vibrations went away.
      > >
      > > Now, the hum is gone but light vibrations are present in bed.
      > >
      > > I used to drink (alcohol) a lot, during sobering up, the hum would be worse and cause the vibrations (that is, I wouldn't get the vibrations until I was sobering up, withdrawal effect maybe). When I stopped drinking altogether, the hum died down to the point it didn't bother me, and the vibrations went away; I never had them unless I was coming off of a drinking spell. And, now, I feel the vibrations in bed each night, but that's it.
      > >
      > > I don't know what to think of this at all. If anyone has any input, I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks

    • greenhorn3k
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2010
        Well, I don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but here in Central Florida, I have been tortured (since July 2008) by vibration/hum generated by cell towers, and lately the vibration has been worse than the noise. If there is a lot of noise, I am consoled by the fact that maybe someday I will be able to sound-proof/block the sound, but the vibration is another problem entirely, how to you isolate vibration generated by cell tower resonance, which is a sound?
        The weird electrical feeling in the air is also very bad lately!
        I would think that there would be laws against generating low frequency sounds/high power signals that travel for miles, but I think the FCC is in the pocket of the industries it regulates. I know it is cell towers generating the sounds here near Tampa, because I can go outside and tell the direction of the weird humming sound, then I used a map and a compass to find the sound source(s), I have found 4 towers that make these sounds on different days (I know that there are more too, because I have recorded other directions from my house). One of the towers is 2 miles away, and the sound can be so loud inside my residence, it even creates a weird resonating sound in my refrigerator that I cannot explain. It is worth noting that the closest cell towers are not necessarily the source of the noise/vibration/electrical feeling, why can I hear the direction when others can't, I'd rather hear peaceful silence than this abomination.