Re: Is it likely there's more than source of the hum?

  • rubybeth2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      Dear Coatesmargaret
      i am also in the process of moving and i also hope that where i move to the external elements that create this hum are not there.i have viewed the house a few times and it seems quite peaceful.
      i do disagree with another comment on this site that the hum is not harmful because the stress that it creates in the body can be extremely harmful and you sometimes just can't ignore it.
      When i am stressed through lack of sleep i sometimes get chest pains and dizziness which my doctor is monitoring.
      Sometimes it is that loud my head feels like it is going to explode.
      i also suffer from vibrations which sometimes stop me from going to sleep or wake me up in the middle of the night. Sometime the only way to cope is to knock myself out with sleeping tablets.
      i am in Toowoomba are you also in Austalia???
      Fiona
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret" <coatesmargaret@...> wrote:

      > Hi Glitchinmymatrix,
      >
      > Thanks for your thoughts on this. It isn't an original idea from me. It
      > comes from a preliminary paper by GM Barnes which impressed me and is in
      > the Links section. The author has done some pretty good research to
      > establish that in places where he and his wife hear the hum, certain
      > elements are always present, including something not yet known, specific
      > to the individual hearer.
      >
      > WhenI first heard the hum, I did what many hum hearers do, try to latch
      > on to a source by wandering around at night with torch and compass;
      > wasting a lot of time as none of them proved to be the source. But at
      > that stage the frustration was so great that any sort of action was
      > better than none.
      >
      > If there is truth in this idea that in every place the hum is heard,
      > there will be infrasound, plus LFN, plus certain EM frequencies which
      > match the resonant frequencies of the body, plus the unknown factor of
      > physiology, then at least there is a chance of finding a place to live
      > where one of those is absent. And we can stop looking for a specific
      > cause.
      >
      > After I moved, I just stopped hearing the hum most of the time. Or
      > feeling the vibrations, which was always worse. so perhaps one of those
      > three external conditions is not present here. (I think the theory is
      > a bit more complex than how I am presenting it)
      >
      > Yes to what you say about doctors. There are no research dollars
      > available for looking into such a minority affliction that doesn't sell
      > pharmaceuticals.
      >
      > One area that does promise some good research about the effects of
      > infrasound on the human body, is wind turbines. They've created a much
      > bigger public stir than the hum but the results might be to our benefit.
      > Maggie
      >
      > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "glitchinmymatrix" <NUMBER4940@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't think anyone can say. I mean, we can't really get a clue for a
      > single source, so combining them seems more of a stretch.
      > >
      > > What we do know is that it is specific to the individual since one
      > person can hear it and another can't. So, it's not limited to
      > environmental causes. This means that doctors are missing out on
      > something. We definitely know this is a piece of the puzzle, and this is
      > one I think that we might neglect because doctors don't understand
      > what's happening. Since they don't, this leads us to go on wild chases
      > for external sources, but even if we found it or them, we'd still be
      > puzzled until we factor in the physiological aspect.

    • Margaret
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        Well I really hope you have found a place where the hum is either absent or quieter and the vibrations stop.  Anyone who's stood next to a jack hammer knows that loud enough noise vibrates the tissues of the body. It's not too much of a leap to make that some people are sensitive to vibrations from environmental sources. Several visitors to my last house complained about feeling vibrations at night.

        And I agree with you Fiona, about the stress. It always seemed more logical to me that the hum created stress rather than the reverse.

        Really I just lucked out with this house. I still hear the hum as always, when I sit in the car, in the garage with the engine turned off. But the house is a completely different shape inside and I think that might affect the LFN component of the hum. Room Mode was discussed somewhere on the forum a few thousand messages back. I'm further away from transmitters and masts too. I'm in NSW near Port Macquarie.  Maggie