Re: HUM_FORUM: Has the hum ceased anywhere in the last 10 days?

  • Sandra Shultz
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2002
      Chemtrails.........Sounds like HAARP to me.  HAARP has been broadcasting quite a lot for the last two months.  I've even heard the HUM here in Mississippi.....coming from the West.  It had been so quite here.....I though it was gone.  Not so in LA.  Now I can hear the direction......West.  Quite totally today with the north wind and rain.
    • annereeder
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009
        Hi all,

        Has anyone who has been hearing the hum noticed it suddenly going away in the last ten days?  Has it become completely quiet at any hearers locations?

        Anne
      • David Deming
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009

          Anne,

          In east Norman (Oklahoma), it has been pretty much the usual
          schedule.  It is "off" and completely silent for about 1/3 to 2/3
          of the day, and "on" the rest of the day.  Volume varies.

          Last night around 8pm I noticed it came on suddenly
          and loudly.  This morning, its gone.  I don't know when
          it went off, as I slept until 6:30am.  I run a fan while asleep,
          and that effectively masks the Hum.

          As I write (10:11am CST), it is blessedly silent, but I
          expect the Hum to be back later today.

          --DD

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009
            A hum that changes regularly at a given time of day is probably man-made. If anybody is interested in
            exploring a possible relationship of the hum to EM sources, natural or man-made, there are some charts at this
            website that could help. Just keep track of changes you hear, and then compare them to the various charts,
            keeping in mind that the times on the charts are UTC, so you'll have to do a little math to convert the time
            to your local time. These charts are in the ULF (Schumann Resonances) and VLF spectra.

            http://electricterra.com/Data/

            If you explore the website, you'll find charts from other folks around the planet, too. I've noticed a
            correlation in the past between the hum I hear and the Schumann Resonances.

            Carole

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009

              Hi David, Carole and all,

              The reason I asked this question, is I have been almost hum free for the last four or more years, except for a few times in which it has come on for a short period and left.  I usually post here when it does that.

              What I have experienced starting in October was a reoccurrence of the hum.  I knew it was probably from another source other than the one that had came from my power lines.  They had put filters on them and they did a very good job of stopping the hum I heard for 9 years.

              The only other thing that was visibly going on here was some type of military planes had started flying up over my house.  They had been doing these practice flights over west of here, but had not been doing them directly up over my house until sometime in October.  They were very noisy and disturbing as it is quiet out in this part of the country.  They made noises like they were coming down toward the ground and would  then go back up and start all over again.

              The day they had the tragic incident at the base in Texas, the planes were flying and they left here immediately after it happened.  I have not seen them since.   The next day the hum was gone and has been since.  So my thoughts are that it must have been  something that was being used in relation to them.   I wondered if anyone else had noticing it stopping at that time.

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009
                I didn't notice any change here in Central CA.

                Here's an interesting article I ran across that may or may not be significant in relation to the Hum.
                Apparently they think now that microwave radiation from cell phones and towers might be playing a role in
                colony collapse disorder in bees. If that proves to be true, it could mean the rest of us are directly
                affected in some way, too. (I know a lot of people already think that, but the actual proof hasn't been
                there.)

                http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/07/Honeybees-Face-Towering-Threat-From-Cell-Phones.aspx

                I wonder what will happen if they actually prove cell phones are causing honeybees to die off? Does anybody
                here think that would change anything? I don't... I suspect people would rather live in a barren land and
                buy foreign food than give up their cell phones.

                Carole

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 14, 2009
                  Hi all,

                  I no longer reside at my Hum afflicted house in Southern CA, but still visit the property out of necessity.  I've recently been stopping by the house and I did hear the hum on multiple occasions.  Unfortunately,Carole you might be right in your prediction.  Many of us humans do not believe in potential danger and react only when direct threats of harm are placed upon us.  That since of invincibility, most common to youth, is also characteristic of many adults.  Like I said in an earlier posting, us hearers may in fact be at an advantage due to our suffering; we can acknowledge the danger.  It's a painful truth.

                  Donna

[...]

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      humforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      humforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups..com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Trevor G
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 16, 2009
                    In the UK ,my hum has been dropping out occasionally for a few hours but
                    generally on/off cycling in 10s of second periods, varying slightly for
                    the past few months.

                    On the issue of planes- can you identify Chemtrails?

                    They are low lying and obvious. They persist for hours and spread slowly
                    like an expanding web.

                    People don't notice them nowadays, as they never knew clear sky days-
                    common even in the early jet-plane days.

                    I have long associated them, and con-commintent weather changes with the
                    Hum .

                    The planes are likely to be unmarked and [sometimes] have quite
                    blackened exhaust areas on the wings trailing edges.

                  • patty94@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009
                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor G" <trevgillett2005@...> wrote:
                      >No cease here, nor do I hold out hope that it will, all I can do is distract myself and mask the sound. We've had some nice winds this year that have helped, but when it's still it's difficult.

                      Arne, have you read the papers by Henry Lai? Neurological Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation. ( How did you get to go camping hearing the hum, did you mask the sound at night?)
                      Lai states that the intensity provides little information on the biological consequence unless the amount of energy absorbed by the irradiated object is known. SAR.
                      So far my understanding is saying that each persons perception will have different tonal characteristics and different physical manifestations due to the different density characteristics of each individual. Children seem to be the most at risk because thier brains are still developing, they are just learning to hear and interpet thier surroundings.
                      Have any other HUM hearers ever heard the Northern Lights?
                      Chemtrails or just plain pollution?
                      Patty

                      > In the UK ,my hum has been dropping out occasionally for a few hours but
                      > generally on/off cycling in 10s of second periods, varying slightly for
                      > the past few months.
                      >
                      > On the issue of planes- can you identify Chemtrails?
                      >
                      > They are low lying and obvious. They persist for hours and spread slowly
                      > like an expanding web.
                      >

                      > People don't notice them nowadays, as they never knew clear sky days-
                      > common even in the early jet-plane days.
                      >
                      > I have long associated them, and con-commintent weather changes with the
                      > Hum .
                      >
                      > The planes are likely to be unmarked and [sometimes] have quite
                      > blackened exhaust areas on the wings trailing edges.
                      > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "annereeder" <annereeder@> wrote:
                      >
                      > > The only other thing that was visibly going on here was some type of
                      > military planes had started flying up over my house. They had been
                      > doing these practice flights over west of here, but had not been doing
                      > them directly up over my house until sometime in October. They were
                      > very noisy and disturbing as it is quiet out in this part of the
                      > country. They made noises like they were coming down toward the ground
                      > and would then go back up and start all over again.
                      > >
                      > > The day they had the tragic incident at the base in Texas, the planes
                      > were flying and they left here immediately after it happened. I have
                      > not seen them since. The next day the hum was gone and has been since.
                      > So my thoughts are that it must have been something that was being used
                      > in relation to them. I wondered if anyone else had noticing it
                      > stopping at that time.
                      > >
                      > > Anne

                    • Carole C
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009
                        How do you know when HAARP is transmitting? Is there a website where they post their schedule? I've looked
                        at their official website, but haven't seen a schedule there. Can you direct me to a page that shows when
                        they are transmitting? Thanks!

                        Carole

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009

                            HAARP  transmission signal site is   http://maestro.haarp.alaska.edu/data/spectrum2/www/hf.html
                          • Zack Widup
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009
                              That's a link to their specrum monitor waterfall (receiver). They have been using that to monitor the shortwave spectrum to get an idea of how much occupancy it has and of ionospheric propagation. It is not a chart of their transmissions.

                              Most of the time they are simply monitoring various parts of the spectrum to observe propagation effects on the various transmitters around the world that they can detect. Notice they even monitor the NCDXF beacons (so do I sometimes):

                              Zack
                              Amateur radio W9SZ

                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009
                                Thanks Zack.  I've been looking at that chart and the induction  magnetomer charts daily for several months.  Interesting stuff, especially the .wav files that go along with the archived charts!  I assumed it wasn't all HAARP transmissions, and was sitting here wondering how Sandra could tell which transmissions were HAARP and which were something else.  I suppose if you know who is transmitting on the various frequencies, you can pretty much tell...  I'm not a Ham (yet, anyway), and I'm still in the learning stages.  Kurt's been helping me with that, but I hate to keep pestering him with every dumbass question I manage to think up!

                                Carole

                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 17, 2009

                                  I had not, as far as I remember (but have now).  His paper is primarily directed at cell phone frequencies, and use of cell phones (i.e., phone to the ear).  The specific item you mention is in regard to cell phone frequencies (and does not mention perceived sounds).  He mentions milliwatt/cm2 - we’re probably talking about picowatt/cm2 intensities for received signals (vs broadcast from a cell phone).  I cannot get a cell phone signal where we go canoeing, so it’s hard to see how that could be it.

                                  There is one section discussing microwave hearing – primarily in close proximity to transmitters.  I can’t think of a reason for an all-pervasive, high energy microwave field in a wilderness area – there’s literally nothing there to receive it.  This year (mid September) it was the same everywhere I went.  On the lake, in the tent, on a bluff, in a narrows – didn’t matter.  I would expect microwaves to be attenuated behind a 100’ granite cliff, unless it was omnidirectional.  In that case, we’re talking about truly huge amounts of power.

                                  Peaceful sleep was easily achieved through extreme physical exertion – no masking requiredJ.   Great sleeping weather too!

                                  I still think my “hum” has an internal source; I can’t conceive of another, rational/reasonable explanation.

                                  Arne

                                  Central MN USA

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 18, 2009
                                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Arne" <stonehollowmn@...> wrote:

                                    > I had not, as far as I remember (but have now). His paper is primarily
                                    > directed at cell phone frequencies, and use of cell phones (i.e., phone to
                                    > the ear). The specific item you mention is in regard to cell phone
                                    > frequencies (and does not mention perceived sounds). He mentions
                                    > milliwatt/cm2 - we're probably talking about picowatt/cm2 intensities for
                                    > received signals (vs broadcast from a cell phone). I cannot get a cell
                                    > phone signal where we go canoeing, so it's hard to see how that could be it.
                                    >

                                    > There is one section discussing microwave hearing - primarily in close
                                    > proximity to transmitters. I can't think of a reason for an all-pervasive,
                                    > high energy microwave field in a wilderness area - there's literally nothing
                                    > there to receive it. This year (mid September) it was the same everywhere I
                                    > went. On the lake, in the tent, on a bluff, in a narrows - didn't matter.
                                    > I would expect microwaves to be attenuated behind a 100' granite cliff,
                                    > unless it was omnidirectional. In that case, we're talking about truly huge
                                    > amounts of power.
                                    >
                                    > Peaceful sleep was easily achieved through extreme physical exertion - no
                                    > masking requiredJ. Great sleeping weather too!
                                    >
                                    > I still think my "hum" has an internal source; I can't conceive of another,
                                    > rational/reasonable explanation.
                                    >
                                    > In Lai's paper under heading Thermal and Nonthermal Effects, page 4, he does highlight the auditory effect, where the microwave pulse is converted to thermal energy.

                                    I'm just wondering here, Does anyone know if they have attenuating devices that are indepent, something like magnets, that they place in between tower sites.

                                    I'm pretty sure it's my cochlea that is being effected, I can not block the pulsed sound out with ear plugs. The Microwave Auditory Effect explains my symptoms.
                                    Something else I noticed this summer they have started transmitting data from doplar and flood control by using solar panels and I think WIFI.
                                    Patty

                                    > Arne
                                    >
                                    > Central MN USA
                                    >

                                    > From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                                    > Of patty94@...
                                    >
                                    > Arne, have you read the papers by Henry Lai? Neurological Effects of
                                    > Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation. ( How did you get to go camping
                                    > hearing the hum, did you mask the sound at night?)
                                    > Lai states that the intensity provides little information on the biological
                                    > consequence unless the amount of energy absorbed by the irradiated object is
                                    > known. SAR.
                                    > So far my understanding is saying that each persons perception will have
                                    > different tonal characteristics and different physical manifestations due to
                                    > the different density characteristics of each individual.

                                  • Bill Curry
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 19, 2009
                                      Carole,

                                          There have been published scientific articles about auroral sounds, but I am at a loss to remember where I saw this information.  Search Google and you may find a geophysics journal that had an article on the subject.

                                          Now, I want to sound off on one of my pet peeves.  I repeat that contrail is a correct description of a fluid mechanical phenomeon that occurs in the upper atmosphere.  At jet plane altitudes, vortices from aircraft stir up the very cold, very thin atmosphere and cause small ice particles to precipitate out.  The fluid mechanical forces cause these particles to form contrails.  Not only has this been observed near airports, but also in wind tunnels, if I recall correctly. In an area where many jet planes are flying there are so many narrow contrails that atmospheric mixing and diffusion cause the many individual clouds to cluster together into fomations that eventually become cirrus clouds. Note that no chemical reactions ae involved in forming these contrails.  So many people have taken to calling contrails chemtrails, that I thought I should correct the apparent misconception that a chemical reaction is involved in the process of creating visible contrails.

                                      Regards, Bill Curry
                                      Retired Physicist

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 19, 2009
                                        Thanks, Bill. I'll check it out.

                                        As for the contrail/chemtrail debate, it's hopeless. There are so many people out there who WANT to believe
                                        that our governments, or the Illuminati, or just "they", are trying to kill all us ordinary folk off. It's
                                        not just aluminum, barium, and other chemicals that they're supposedly putting into the atmosphere. Now
                                        they're spraying H1N1 virus, or maybe it's the pneumonic plague... And the flu vaccine is designed to make
                                        folks sicker if they get the flu!

                                        I'll believe it when the mass die-off begins...

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
                                          This sounds like broad denouncement of of what people know they see Bill!
                                          I see Chemtrails at a few thousand feet over my house most days. Contrails are not normally formed below 20+ thousand feet. They exist long term at temps of -40C -this does not not pertain at a few thousand feet.
                                          I know old film of WW2 show dogfight trails over Kent etc -at lowish heights, but not how long they lasted.[These from piston engines also]
                                          The chemtrails I know I'm talking about last hours and hours- before dispersing at low levels often into a murky sunset, never usual decades ago.
                                          I'm fully aware that their existence is getting more mention even though subtle efforts are made to counteract comment.A recent radio program in the UK made some blatant assertions about trails and my email to the BBC was ignored, as I expected.
                                          I have many photos of Cts at a few thou. feet and a higher plane showing a pencil streak, fast disappearing contrail- thats Normal!
                                          Reality is best- theories follow fashion sometimes...