Re: HUM_FORUM: OT - "The Thud?"

  • Donna Few
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi  Carole and Eleanor,

      I read you posts.  Thuds and bombs, yes I've heard from people who live in my community about such experiences.  Perhaps Yellowstone Park has some similarities to our neighborhoods. This information, I believe to be significant.

      Donna

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Donna Few <profitzzzz@...> wrote:

        > Hi  Carole and Eleanor,
        >
        > I read you posts.  Thuds and bombs, yes I've heard from people who live in my community about such experiences.  Perhaps Yellowstone Park has some similarities to our neighborhoods. This information, I believe to be significant.
        >
        > Donna

        Low frequency noise can travel very far, especially over bodies of water. Also sound waves can refract over bodies of water because the air is cooler over the water.
      • Donna Few
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009
          Hi JohnL,

          There is a lake near my hum afflicted house, also some neighbors have swimming pools.  I believe the water and possibly the structure of bodies of water has something to do with conduction of the low frequencies.  As we know sonar is transmitted undersea.  What do you think?  One engineer who visited and assessed the hum at my home, stated that it was subsonic.

          Donna

          > I read you posts. Thuds and bombs, yes I've heard from people who live in my community about such experiences. Perhaps Yellowstone Park has some similarities to our neighborhoods. This information, I believe to be significant.
          >
          > Donna

          Low frequency noise can travel very far, especially over bodies of water. Also sound waves can refract over bodies of water because the air is cooler over the water.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:humforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:humforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Carole C
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009
            True, but it doesn't explain what I'm hearing, as I don't live near any bodies of water, large or small.
            (Other than the standing puddles of water from my idiot neighbors who run their sprinkler systems too much!)

            Carole