Re: Canada hum update

  • kallio_mn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2009
      Arne;

      Sorry to hear the Hum is still affecting you when you are up in Canoe
      Country. I know it really angered me when I first encountered it there!

      Since I last posted here, I have been up in the Andes in Peru, and down
      at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Nothing bothersome at either
      location. I head to the North Atlantic and Greenland in a few days, so
      I will see what I find there. I think I did detect it one day in the
      Grand Canyon, but there is quite a bit of white noise from the river,
      so it was hard to tell.

      Over the last year or so, the Hum as mostly gone away for me. I have
      concluded that my own condition is otogenic and I no longer focus on it.
      My autumn allergies have gone away too. Not sure why. Maybe getting
      older really does mean getting better.

      That said, I know there are people out there being plagued by low
      frequency noise from a variety of sources. Hopefully the problem will
      go away for everyone soon.

      Kallio
      Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA