RE: HUM_FORUM: The hum vs dogs and other pets

  • Geoff Wood
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 6, 2009

      From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Donna Few

      Thomas et al,

      Yes, I've heard dogs in my neighborhood bark at times when I'm  disturbed by the hum.

       What is more to the point, have you heard the dogs NOT barking while you’ve heard your Hum ?

      geoff

      PS PLEASE people, Trim irrelevant screeds of quoted material off replies !

    • patty94@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 11, 2009
        Thru my research and information gathering, to find out what people call the cell towers and even more these mega structures with all sorts of different looking objects of telecommunication. I did come across articles about tower climbers that were falling off of the structures, something like five in one week last year.
        They were called the tower pros it was a web site trying make it safer for tower workers.
        Southern Florida from what I can remember is pretty flat.
        From what I've read the most aggravating HUMS occur in areas that are hilly or mountainous regions, I think they are more of a challenge when it comes to transmitting and recieving pulsed electromagnetic info.
        I think they have to use more wattage which makes it more invasive to the human head.
        Have you read the documentation on the effects of microwaves on sperm and the cells they contain?
      • Tom Becker
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 11, 2009
          Folks, "I read somewhere that..." is lazy today. You can again locate
          anything you've browsed before via the browser history (^H, usually) or
          a little more searching. Please cite sources. Where, for example, did
          "something like five [tower riggers fall] in one week"? Here, perhaps,
          where six fell in five weeks?
          http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/05/28/fatal-bandwidth-6-cell-tower-deaths-in-5-weeks/

          I guarantee you that, in each case, the riggers safety line was
          unsecured or non-existent. There are thousands, many thousands, of cell
          towers. That rigger fall death rates have increased in recent years
          should, perhaps, not be surprising. Do you suggest that RF contributed
          to these fatalities?

          Tom
        • Donna Few
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 12, 2009
            Geoff,

            Yes, I've not heard them barking at times when I hear the hum.  Good point!

            Donna

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 15, 2009
              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Becker <gtbecker@...> wrote:

              > Folks, "I read somewhere that..." is lazy today. You can again locate
              > anything you've browsed before via the browser history (^H, usually) or
              > a little more searching. Please cite sources. Where, for example, did
              > "something like five [tower riggers fall] in one week"? Here, perhaps,
              > where six fell in five weeks?
              > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/05/28/fatal-bandwidth-6-cell-tower-deaths-in-5-weeks/
              >
              > I guarantee you that, in each case, the riggers safety line was
              > unsecured or non-existent. There are thousands, many thousands, of cell
              > towers. That rigger fall death rates have increased in recent years
              > should, perhaps, not be surprising. Do you suggest that RF contributed
              > to these fatalities?
              >

              > Tom

              Hey Tom; I know it sounds out there but; Yes, especially on the taller mega power train towers. I'm not a professional, but I have a body and it has a strong and disorienting reaction to the RF. Where two towers are located close together I get the feeling of a super heat in my chest and it then it dissipates feeling like thru my body, I call them neutrinos, but I really don't know what it is.
              But I do know it is a very viseral effect.
              If tower workers are not being tested for Electro-magnetic sensitivity, I think some could be confused more easily, even manipulated (must meet the deadline) no time to secure ones self.
              The web site was called Tower Pros, I'm still learning how to use or search the web, just started last fall, when the Federal Govern'mt here in Canada told me I had to prove the health effects of hearing the cell towers.
              Stay Wired
              Patty
            • Tom Becker
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 16, 2009
                > ... I think some could be confused more easily, even manipulated
                (must meet the deadline) no time to secure ones self. []  The web site was called Tower Pros...

                The third-most-recent message thread is "International Tower Climber Deaths" and points to a string of news stories at The Wireless Estimator, a trade rag:
                "...[OSHA] last year said that communications tower climbers had the highest fatality rate [] compared to other professions in the US [which] far exceeds [] Great Britain where a safety and health official found no deaths for a number of years."
                Also "... there has only been one fatality of a telecom worker falling to his death during the first four months of 2009 - the lowest fatality rate in the past six years."
                And "... the Republic of Malta [] appears to hold the distinction of having more cell sites per resident than any other country in the world, one for every 194 Maltese citizens [which] eclipses the UK where its 61 million population and 47,000 sites provides one for every 1,297 people.
                [] America fares slightly better than the UK. With 304 million residents, based upon CTIA-The Wireless Association's 2008 estimate of cell sites of 240,000, the ratio is one site for every 1,266 inhabitants."  http://www.wirelessestimator.com/breaking_news.cfm  So, tower-per-capita is the same in the UK as here.

                If one believes the UK's statistic of no deaths, the fatalities here apparently cannot be caused by RF which is the same there as it is here.  How also does one explain the decrease in fatalities this year, when the tower count continues to increase?  I couldn't find a fall rate for Malta - but there should be no climbers alive there by now, I imagine.

                > ... manipulated...

                Management has an anxiety beam that makes them work faster?  Where can I get one of those?

                Tom
              • Donna Few
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 17, 2009
                  Hi Patty et al,
                  I'm still considering that EMF sensitivity could in part be related to age.  Menopausal women have hot flashes anyway, but other changes in the bodies of middle aged men and women might make us more susceptible to hearing and feeling the energy associated with the hum.  Of course that is not to blame us for our predicament. Again, can we develop a survey of personal/environmental characteristics?

                  Donna

                  > Folks, "I read somewhere that..." is lazy today.  You can again locate
                  > anything you've browsed before via the browser history (^H, usually) or
                  > a little more searching.  Please cite sources.  Where, for example, did
                  > "something like five [tower riggers fall] in one week"?  Here, perhaps,
                  > where six fell in five weeks?
                  > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/05/28/fatal-bandwidth-6-cell-tower-deaths-in-5-weeks/
                  >
                  > I guarantee you that, in each case, the riggers safety line was
                  > unsecured or non-existent.  There are thousands, many thousands, of cell
                  > towers.  That rigger fall death rates have increased in recent years
                  > should, perhaps, not be surprising.  Do you suggest that RF contributed
                  > to these fatalities?
                  >

                  > Tom

                  Hey Tom;  I know it sounds out there but; Yes, especially on the taller mega power train towers.  I'm not a professional, but I have a body and it has a strong and disorienting reaction to the RF.  Where two towers are located close together I get the feeling of a super heat in my chest and it then it dissipates feeling like thru my body, I call them neutrinos, but I really don't know what it is.
                  But I do know it is a very viseral effect.
                  If tower workers are not being tested for Electro-magnetic sensitivity, I think some could be confused more easily, even manipulated (must meet the deadline) no time to secure ones self.
                  The web site was called Tower Pros, I'm still learning how to use or search the web, just started last fall, when the Federal Govern'mt here in Canada told me I had to prove the health effects of hearing the cell towers.
                  Stay Wired
                  Patty

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:humforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:humforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Tom Becker
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 19, 2009
                    > ... areas that are hilly or mountainous regions, I think [] are more
                    of a challenge when it comes to transmitting and receiving pulsed
                    electromagnetic info.

                    Radio works the same wherever it is radiated. Yes, hills get in the way
                    of high-frequency signals - so you often see towers on top of hills and
                    buildings to take advantage of the height, which improves visibility in
                    lower and "shaded" areas. This is the same for continuous signals like
                    FM broadcast and digital signals like cell phones. Cell site
                    transmitters are deliberately low power so, if an area suffers from poor
                    service, instead of increasing the transmitter power another cell site
                    will be installed to provide service to that area. That is the
                    definition of cellular telephone - many small "cells".

                    I've just left the Yahoo tower pros forum after scanning the messages,
                    file and photos there and receiving a week of messages. Those guys are
                    talking about finding work, mostly, and warning one another about
                    getting stiffed by Joe BadGuy - like most independents. The last
                    message I read about climbing was telling of priorities: "Folks sure do
                    get surly when they get hungry. Just remember that gravity works." I
                    saw nothing about RF disabilities there. Point it out, please, if I
                    missed those discussions.

                    Tom
                  • Donna Few
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 19, 2009
                      Hi Patty et al,

                      Yeah, I thought the mountainous terrain probably had something to do with hum at my home.  I believe that homes which sit down in a valley surrounded by hills/mountains are more susceptible because the energy (EMF) gets trapped within the bowl shaped geological environment.  Again, I hope we do a survey of environmental and personal characteristics, soon.

                      Donna

                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 20, 2009
                         Interesting! I live in the Sierra foothills in a valley surrounded on three sides by mountain ridges and the hum has been very prominent here since 1993. The fourth side opens out downhill toward Californias' central valley, which I can see in the distance. I have seen only one place worse, a house in a wooded area about 5 miles from here that had huge floor to ceiling windows which faced a narrow canyon; the house was sitting on the canyon rim.

                        .