HUM_FORUM: Re: Hum Detected Using Stethescope/Cell Towers

  • Mark Jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Patty,

      I guess I should qualify what we know and don't know about electromagnetic fields. While there are problems with power lines and cancer, they are not great unless you happen to spend a lot of time under high votage transmission lines. In other words, everything is relative or pertinent to a point of view or reference.

      The truth about "frequencies" is the problem that we live in an ocean of natural and man-made electromagnetic fields. We are all guilty of considering these things from the textbook point of view. That is a simplistic one dimensional and sometimes multidimensional view. In nature, it is very different. How about the linear vibrations of multiple power lines at higher voltages. Multiple frequencies bundled together. Also, what if frequencies overlap others? What if vibrations from different sources are sensed together? There are many possibilities.

      I am working to eliminate other sources that might be masking the hum. I have only heard the hum twice through my stethescope. I can easily hear transformer hum from the groundwire and even a guy anchor wire. I can hear an ac compressor running some distance away. I can hear large industrial gas compressors running in the distance. I hear cars and trucks in the distance. If I can get all of these extraneous noises out of the way, I might be able to study the hum more easily.

      I will continue to study cell phone and other types of towers both from the lightning aspect and from the possible hum aspect.

      Mark S. Jordan

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Mark Jordan <zorbasci@...> wrote:
        >Hi Mark; I'd go for the natural electromagnetics, the ones I believe that our bodys can tolerate with a bit more ease. If you can isolate the hum and record it, that will be really big. I've read various reports of experts trying to do the very same thing and no one has recorded it yet, not that we know of anyway.
        Hope you have a good holiday.
        Patty