Re:HUM Free

  • zaday
    Message 1 of 21 , May 3, 2009
      Still HUM Free.

      Not so much as a vestige.

      I realized that my post, addressing the issue of the airport, was one
      avenue of approach. I will endeavor to tape the sound of the
      interference to the FM Frequency of 453.250 MHz. I think you and others
      will agree that there is an eerie similarity to what "we HUM Hearers"
      commonly identify as The HUM.

      Your reply may reinforce my assertion (I am not looking for support,
      just trying to disseminate information to someone capable of making
      sense of it), as I am also pondering an electromagnetic source of the
      HUM (in my case) with the Airport offering the source of the
      electromagnetic energy.

      Being that the HUM is now not present in the country (where I first
      started hearing it) and in the city (neither my wife or I are hearing
      ANY of it), and there is no airport in the country, at least not within
      line of sight, I do not offer this as the only cause of the HUM.

      Be well.

      Jim

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Fisher <mgfisher@...> wrote:

      > It is my view, after years experience, that "the Hum" cannot be
      detected
      > audibly, but rather, is a perceived "sound" inside one's head. In fact
      it is
      > not really a sound, but is perceived as one.
      >
      > Definition of the word "sound":
      >
      > "Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas,
      with
      > frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of
      being
      > detected by human organs of hearing."
      >
      > Thus, "the Hum" is not a sound, since it is not waves of vibrations in
      the
      > air!
      >
      > I do not mean to say that it is psychological, but it is not really a
      > "sound" in the sense that it can be detected using microphones etc. Or
      by
      > any other definition of the word.
      >
      > Most people with perfectly good hearing cannot "hear" or otherwise
      detect
      > this phenomenon.
      >
      > My wife and I both hear it at the same time when its here, and we both
      agree
      > when its gone. So clearly it is objectively perceived, and certainly
      is
      > coming from a foreign source.
      >
      > FYI, I do not live anywhere near an airport, and the hum does not
      correspond
      > with AM radio interference.
      >
      > I suspect it is some electromagnetic energy, which, when it hits our
      brain,
      > resonates in our ear canal, or with our auditory nerves, creating the
      > perception of sound.
      >
      > My own theory is this can be exacerbated by the electrolytes inside
      our
      > brain fluid. We carry around metallic particles, minerals, etc ("hard
      > water") in our brain fluid, which, depending on the mixture and
      > concentration, can CONDUCT these electromagnetic waves, which, in
      turn,
      > stimulate our auditory nerves.
      >
      > I think this site is the best for all Hum related info:
      >
      > http://homepages.tesco.net/~John.Dawes2/

    • belilka
      Message 2 of 21 , May 25, 2009
        In Boulder Creek California too.