Re: HUM from Plate Tectonics

  • zaday
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
      Hi,

      Perhaps with the economic downturn, HUM Hearers may indeed find
      employment. I don't know if you're familiar with the Dogs that sense
      when their owners are going to have a seizure. They sense it up to 30
      minutes before the seizure occurs. Likely a biochemical change that
      produces an odor that the Dogs can detect, or it may be ever so subtle
      changes in the demeanor of the owner that is discernible to the Dog but
      imperceptible to other Humans.

      Also, my wife works for a Cardiologist. Some patients with arrhythmias
      are aware of every single alteration in their heart rhythm, (often a
      Premature Ventricular Contraction, or PVCs) others can have so many that
      she can't get an accurate pulse on the patient, but the patient is
      unaware of the condition. We all vary considerably in our perception and
      attention. Perhaps the HUM (or some forms of it) has been a natural part
      of existence that mankind has learned to ignore, as some of the Patients
      ignore their PVCs.

      What differentiates us, the HUM hearers on this group, from others in
      the world? Hearing the HUM, sure, but focused awareness of the HUM is
      why we are here. Not merely hearing it, we want answers. Many others may
      hear it and not give it a thought. After all is said and done, it may
      turn out the perception of the HUM is something shared by animals
      throughout the world. Alteration in this sound may be an indicator to
      animals that a disaster is pending, and I think that evidence exists
      that animals have at times moved en masse away from areas that were
      later afflicted by disaster.

      That's why it's interesting to be a HUM hearer. Hopefully it's presence
      will not rise to the point of causing excessive interference with life,
      but as of now I see no trend that way.

      Be well.