Re: humming and bed shaking

  • nonnijonsson
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1 4:13 PM
      -
      Hello There

      I have picked up vibration in my body sometimes in bed, my back and my
      scull have vibrated. Other members of the forum have had the same
      experience.

      I thought that maybe the mattress was picking up a resonance from the
      electricity in the walls, the mattress is wire framed. One night I
      took it out and slept on a foam mattress to see if that would make a
      difference, it didn't help, although it is something to be aware of.

      Myself and many members of the forum hear various sounds, the most
      common being the sound of a diesel engine, but also whistles and other
      noises, some one ear some both.

      I have used ear-plugs to sleep with but sometimes find that makes it
      worse.

      Many use a small household fan to mask the noise, other methods are a
      white noise maker, or a FM radio tuned between stations so that it
      makes a hissing noise. Some have mentioned placing an aquarium in the
      bedroom to have a pleasant source of noise.

      It is possible to let the hum get the best of you, it is best to try
      and take it easy, give yourself a break now and then and try to relax.

      Some things I do is go for a walk or a drive or listen to relaxing
      music with headphones, sounds rather simple but works :-)

      -- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Chandra" <acoolname7@...> wrote:

      > I'm so glad I'm not alone here. My husband thinks I'm crazy, not

      really

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4 11:50 AM
        In a message dated 02/08/2008 00:14:20 GMT Standard Time, nonnijonsson@... writes:

        -
        Hello There

        I have picked up vibration in my body sometimes in bed, my back and my
        scull have vibrated. Other members of the forum have had the same

        experience.

        (Hi, folks, Just to add some  little points :
        if you think that you are getting vibrations that are enough to
        vibrate the skull, or the actual bed frame,  then it is a simple matter to check using a seismometer.
        I know that all sound is vibration, but I have encountered quite a few people who think there is actual physical movement, which if so,                           as I say, is easy to measure.
        I mean this kindly, but may I just add that in my 'early days' of The Hum,
        I fancied I felt vibration in my sternum, but now I think this could have been a stress reaction giving the impression of vibration.
        Just trying to help.
        All part of this  complicated  problem. )
        Best Wishes,
        R.M.
        LFNS Helpline, England.)

      • ewraven1@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4 2:15 PM
          To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
          From: Tobypaws2002@...
          Date sent: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:50:58 EDT
          Subject: Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: humming and bed shaking
          Send reply to: humforum@yahoogroups.com

          >(Hi, folks, Just to add some little points :
          >if you think that you are getting vibrations that are enough to
          >vibrate the skull, or the actual bed frame, then it is a simple matter to
          >check using a seismometer. I know that all sound is vibration, but I have
          >encountered quite a few people who think there is actual physical movement,
          >which if so,
          > as I say, is easy to measure.
          >I mean this kindly, but may I just add that in my 'early days' of The Hum, I
          >fancied I felt vibration in my sternum, but now I think this could have been a
          >stress reaction giving the impression of vibration. Just trying to help. All
          >part of this complicated problem. ) Best Wishes, R.M. LFNS Helpline,
          >England.)
          >
          >I thought that maybe the mattress was picking up a resonance from the
          >electricity in the walls, the mattress is wire framed. One night I
          >took it out and slept on a foam mattress to see if that would make a
          >difference, it didn't help, although it is something to be aware of.
          >
          >Myself and many members of the forum hear various sounds, the most
          >common being the sound of a diesel engine, but also whistles and other
          >noises, some one ear some both.

          I have tried seismometers, computer-monitored
          vibration switches, and the poor person's version,
          touching a cup of water to the vibrating object and
          watching for ripples.

          Definitely, vibrations. Big time.

          Eleanor White
          Elliot Lake, Ontario
          Canada
        • Ken Smith
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5 7:00 AM
            Hi Eleanor,
            I tried to find a seismic data chart near you but can't find anything
            in Canada. Here is one that you might be able to use that might help.
            http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/heli_bb_nsn/

            I am looking for a shake on the chart that will go with what you are
            feeling. Hope this helps.

            Ken

          • ewraven1@sympatico.ca
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5 2:49 PM
              To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
              From: "Ken Smith" <kensmith52@...>
              Date sent: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:00:43 -0000
              Subject: HUM_FORUM: Re: humming and bed shaking
              Send reply to: humforum@yahoogroups.com

              >Hi Eleanor,
              >I tried to find a seismic data chart near you but can't find anything
              >in Canada. Here is one that you might be able to use that might help.
              >http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/heli_bb_nsn/
              >
              >I am looking for a shake on the chart that will go with what you are
              >feeling. Hope this helps.

              my vibration is not natural in origin,
              so earthquake or industrial source
              data does not apply.

              can't supply details as my wrist is
              broken and typing is very difficult.

              ew
            • Ken Smith
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 6 4:14 AM
                Sorry, I must have read your information backward. I understand now
                that you just get this feeling and the earth is not shaking but only
                when you touch a cup of water you can see the ripples.

                Ken

              • ewraven1@sympatico.ca
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 6 2:54 PM
                  To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
                  From: "Ken Smith" <kensmith52@...>
                  Date sent: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:14:53 -0000
                  Send reply to: humforum@yahoogroups.com

                  >Sorry, I must have read your information backward. I understand now
                  >that you just get this feeling and the earth is not shaking but only
                  >when you touch a cup of water you can see the ripples.

                  no, instrumentation detects no viration in floor,
                  but powerful vibration in specific objects and
                  bodyparts. one fellow from sc had his head
                  virate so visibly he was required to leave
                  university.

                  painful condition prevents extensive typing.

                  details must wait until september.

                  e w
                • Ken Smith
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 6 5:19 PM
                    EW,
                    Don't write back as I understand your situation, But I am on to some
                    things that I can't discuss right now until I have some more data and
                    information. I have some other people working with me from other parts
                    of the country trying to piece some information that we are finding
                    out about things that are going on in America and other countries.
                    What I will say is that everyone points a finger at Haarp but there
                    are many of these stations and one in Europe that makes Haarp look
                    like a toy. There are some other evidence of equipment that causes
                    some things that you are talking about.
                    When I get some more information I will post some findings and maybe
                    we can get to the bottom of all this.

                    Ken

                    > >Sorry, I must have read your information backward. I understand now
                    > >that you just get this feeling and the earth is not shaking but only
                    > >when you touch a cup of water you can see the ripples.
                    >
                    > no, instrumentation detects no viration in floor,
                    > but powerful vibration in specific objects and
                    > bodyparts. one fellow from sc had his head
                    > virate so visibly he was required to leave
                    > university.
                    >
                    > painful condition prevents extensive typing.
                    >
                    > details must wait until september.
                    >
                    > e w

                  • Judy Fluhrer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 6 7:07 PM

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7 7:22 AM
                        Ken,
                        I don't know if I should post this info.....With all the HUM problems
                        we don't need to stress out more.....But....Staying informed of the
                        scientific world's ego is what we simple people(myself) need to do.
                        In August, the CERN Collider will be switched on. This $5.8 billion
                        project is 330 ft. underground and straddles the French & Swiss
                        border. Scientist plan to hunt for signs of invisible "dark matter"
                        and "dark energy". Let's hope this does not cause more harm than
                        good. Our"Hum" is enought to deal with. I personally think the hum
                        is coming from deep underground and not HAARP. HAARP is hi-frequency
                        not low. Something else is going on. Hope you find out more of
                        what. Keep posting.....This could get very interesting.
                        Sandra

                        In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Smith" <kensmith52@...> wrote:

                        > EW,
                        > Don't write back as I understand your situation, But I am on to some
                        > things that I can't discuss right now until I have some more data
                        and
                        > information. I have some other people working with me from other
                        parts
                        > of the country trying to piece some information that we are finding
                        > out about things that are going on in America and other countries.
                        > What I will say is that everyone points a finger at Haarp but there
                        > are many of these stations and one in Europe that makes Haarp look
                        > like a toy. There are some other evidence of equipment that causes
                        > some things that you are talking about.
                        > When I get some more information I will post some findings and maybe
                        > we can get to the bottom of all this.
                        >
                        > Ken

                      • Ken Smith
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 8 6:40 AM
                          Sandra, Judy and List,
                          Thank you for the information. I don't hear the Hum here and I don't
                          find any people around here that even knows about it. I'm in WV and it
                          seems things here are mostly quiet.
                          I am still researching this and have some information put out to some
                          people that is trying to do tests on some strange things that are
                          taking place. The tests that I am trying to get done does not fit into
                          this Hum forum because it is of a different nature. But the results,
                          if my theory is correct may lead to one form of hum. It may also lead
                          to this shaking that some people have experienced.
                          I got into this because I thought it was a RF or some kind of signal
                          that may be found so that the source may be located. The source still
                          may be located but not in a fashion one would think about.
                          In the files section under Ken Smith, there is a file called Audio
                          Frequency one.xls
                          This file mat be used to try and find if its acoustic in nature that
                          may be a resonant frequency to a room or the whole house. Of course
                          this is for people that only hear this inside a building.
                          But I am looking for 2 or more signals that mixes to produce a third
                          signal that we may feel or hear.

                          Ken