8948Re: New to the forum & definitely hearing the Hum

  • peter taylor-wood
    Jul 3 6:26 AM
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "acorn1399" <acorn1399@...> wrote:

      > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "sirius_wolf" <maddie@> wrote:
      >

      > >The other night it was so bad I thought I was going to go insane. I
      > am really getting tired of people who can't hear it and the callous
      > remarks they make. I have tried plugs, cotton, a radio nothing drowns
      > it out. It is quite maddening and totally disrupts life. most of the
      > time I am running on 2 hours sleep. During the day I feel drained. I
      > haven't found any solutions but am open to suggestions.
      >

      > PEACE,
      > acorn
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > Started hearing the Hum, maybe a year ago.Just lately it's becoming
      > > unbearable. I usually wake up at about 4.00 am when it's really bad
      > and
      > > cannot go back to sleep. I have also noticed it's staring to make
      > my
      > > ears hurt.
      > > I am concerned about how this is affecting my general well being?
      > > How does everyone else cope? What can we do?
      > >
      > > Hope to talk soon =)

      Hi Pete from wales here. One of the things we could explore is to do with
      tuneing our ears. I have long noticed that on occaisions it seems like the Hum
      has stoped and yet every time it turns out that I have lost focus of it. Some
      days when it seems very faint, if I focus it becomes loud. I have been studying
      it for a while now and am keeping a log. I have introduced a few people to the
      Hum by humming what I hear . Then they are able to pick it out as well.
      Probobly everyone could do this. The question is why is it that only 2% of the
      population hear the Hum. Why do we tune into it, as it where subconsciously.
      This last week I have been ill in bed and in my weakened state found my
      brain became rather insensertive to it. I had to make an effort to find the Hum ,
      mostly I could not be bothered , so to all intence and purposes had a relatively
      Hum free week. Then , yesturday it came back with avengence. I think trying
      to stop hearing it makes it worse. The answer seems to lie in acceptance.
      Although at times every molicule in my being seems to be vibrating with it if I
      just lie still and surender to it , it becomes quite bareable.
      I am a contemplative from the Tantric tradition and much of my training has
      been in focusing upon sound and mantra. To focus ones attention on a single
      sound for a good length of time is the best way to gain control over the mind.
      When the mind becomes still a great peace ensues. The Hum never intrudes
      on my peace anymore and now I hear so much more than just a Hum. One of
      the things I like to suggest is try to find out what note or notes go to make up
      your Hum. Try to sing the sound and find it on a piano or any instrument and
      then let us know. This is a great way to establish the universality of the Hum.

      All the best Pete>

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic