256Re: HUM_FORUM: "Hearing" Radio Waves

  • hotnite2
    Mar 3, 2004
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tobypaws2002@a... wrote:
      > sugarpineinc@y... writes:
      > > An experiment that needs to be done is to see how
      > > >people react
      > > >to radio energy in the range of, say, 40-120
      > > >Hz---the same frequency
      > > >range that people perceive the Hum to be in.
      > > >
      > > >--David Deming
      > > >Norman, Oklahoma
      > >
      > Maybe I'm ignorant, but I didn't know radio waves went down that
      > far.....40Hz?

      See my reply post to "low freq test" a few msgs back. Not only is
      it possible, the Navy has systems in Michigan and Wisconsin that use
      low freqs, somewhere around 76hz, to communicate with subs deep in
      the ocean every day. They use antennas from 14 to 56 miles long
      (one reason why no one else would want to do this) and power of
      about .75 Mwatts. The purpose is to be able to penetrate deep
      water, without the sub needing to be near the surface, where it
      would be detected.

      Since this system is designed to have these signals received half
      way around the world, it looks to me like a good candidate for a
      possible source.

      Russsia, England and God only knows who else are reported to have
      similar systems.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic