1868Re: HUM_FORUM: San Diego Hum

    Dec 1, 2004
      In a message dated 01/12/2004 10:58:30 GMT Standard Time, e-ken@... writes:

      To Administrator:

      Please remove this advertising spam. I don't think hum sufferers especially new ones
      should be subjected to these come -ons. Thank You

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tobypaws2002@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 01/12/2004 02:29:19 GMT Standard Time,  ccarrike@y...
      > writes:
      >
      > I  haven't read your files and posts yet, but i am hoping for some
      > ideas for  coping with this.
      >
      > Thank You,
      > Debra
      >

      > Hi.
      > Recently I had an enquiry from a lady near London who was getting really
      > run-down from loss of sleep, due to the new siting of an electrical sub-station
      > outside her bedroom.
      > (I have sprung into action with the Helpline's strong support-letter,
      > setting out, with statements that can be checked , medically, scientifically,
      > whatever, why loss of sleep is very bad for health, long-term). I had a link  from
      > somewhere about a noise-masker, that is adjustable, ( to make  slightly
      > varying sounds, adjustable to the person's choice) , and passed the  info' to the
      > lady. (Luckily she did have a computer and The Net, etc.,  so the info'  was
      > speedily transferred). She phoned up a few days  after buying one of these
      > devices, and said it did mask the deep hum that was  plaguing her. As a result, she
      > said she was able to get some refreshing  sleep.
      > Now I realise that the low frequency noise would not be removed from the
      > house by the noise masker, it would still be coming in, but at least if the
      > hearer can mask it,take the attention away from it a bit, then it is less
      > damaging.  This particular lady also said that she still felt angry that  she should
      > have to go and buy a device (about £80 Sterling, I think they are),  just to
      > get  some sleep.
      > So I thought the forum should at least have the details of the masker
      > device, it seems to be quite good.
      > _http://www.epinions.com/content_100213165700_
      > (http://www.epinions.com/content_100213165700)
      > By the way, folks, the general roar of traffic (obviously the city and
      > motorways, you can hear it clearly, and if you go out in the car, you are amazed
      > how fast the roads are filling up....it only takes a small hitch round here to
      > make tarffic jams)  in the early mornings has increased  a lot,  0over the
      > last 2 or so years: this area is getting SO overcrowded, it's really  worrying.
      > The general roar  has a strong low frequency  component...it's getting rather
      > unpleasant here, from that point of view, but  luckily the wind changes
      > regularly, and when it is from the west , it is nice  and quiet again....the
      > difference between the two conditions is very marked.
      > Best Wishes.
      > R.M.     Southampton,  England.

      HEY ! Just a doggon minute here!!!!
      I have NO commercial link to the company selling that sound masker, and only mentioned it in the context of helping people reduce their suffering.
      The message was NOTHING TO DO WITH 'SPAM' !
      Dear Moderator, could you please note, it was a perfectly bona fide wish to HELP sufferers.
      I don't sell the things, I only wanted people to be aware of a possible way to cope with the incoming torture they get from 'The Hum'.
      R.M.    Southampton.  England.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic