18029Re: commonality poll

  • engineidler
    Jun 29 3:46 PM

      Now this could be interesting if you have the hearing test results in detail. I had a test done recently and one ear has a slight loss in the 6-8k Hz range. I ( probably like most heares ) always thought that I could hear the Hum in both ears , turns out I was wrong , a few weeks ago I placed my hand, palm down, between my "bad" ear and my pillow and the HUM vanished ( probably due to masking noise), I then did the same with my other ear and the HUM stayed proving I could only hear the HUM in my bad ear. You could probably do a similar experiment with a single headphone on very low volume.  I wonder if the lack of background noise in the 6-8KHz range in my bad ear is preventing those frequencies from masking the HUM naturally, just a thought.  If anyone who has partial hearing loss ( per a recent hearing  test, not just because your spouse nags you about your hearing! ) can emulate my experience above , then we may be onto something, especailly if you only have one bad ear and thats the same one you can hear  the HUM with.

      John

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic