      "Not what I hoped for" was a way of saying that from a scientific point of view, it would have been more interesting - and useful - if Hum reports had been distributed in a way that could not be explained by population density. In such a case, determining the source of the Hum could be guided by the various factors that differentiate two locations. One of the original mysteries of the Hum is why, for example, Largs, Scotland had a high concentration of Hum reports while Glasgow, which is close by and has a much greater population, had none. (the Hum Map contradicts this, although who knows how complete it is). I am starting to wonder about those early conclusions.

      This result raises as many questions as it answers.

      Glen

      On 30 April 2014 21:40, Soozie <soozieqty1@...> wrote:

      What do you mean not the result you were hoping for?
      From: Glen MacPherson <glen.macpherson@...>
      To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:23 PM
      Subject: HUM_FORUM: Draft release of the overlay of worldwide population density and Hum reports

      Not the result I was hoping for: http://hummap.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1239&action=edit

      Despite the high correlation, there are unexplained areas of the Map, and with more Hum reports, those unknowns will fill in.

      For public or private researchers who want the full KML data sets for Google Earth viewing, hold tight and I'll post that here in the Yahoo forum.

      Cheers

      Glen

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic