17882Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: HUM_FORUM: Cell tower maps, gas pipeline maps, and electric grid line maps

    Apr 29 3:55 AM
      Glen
      When I want to compare hum locations to lines in my mapping for US interstate/ intrastate NG and hazardous liquid pipelines, I go to a US government site called the NPMS Public Viewer. It is by county and very useful.  It isn't useful for the mapping effort as background.
      How was your talk with Jared?
      Steve
      On Monday, April 28, 2014 10:34 PM, Glen MacPherson <glen.macpherson@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Steve.

      I have located one or two decent regional ones, but the best of what I've seen is either expensive commercial grade or very narrow in scope. I'm sure it's out there, though.

      Cheers

      Glen

      On 28 April 2014 05:43, Copsne <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:

      I've tried in the past to get HP NG pipeline maps from FERC that could be embedded into a mapping location program. The person there tried to accommodate me, but with no success. This is the reason I have to use the pdf 2009 rev of the US map from the EIA ( energy information agency) for my research.
      Sorry I cant help as I've always wanted the feature your trying to get to.

      Sent from Steve's iPhone and I appologize for typo's and auto corrects

      On Apr 27, 2014, at 7:39 PM, Glen MacPherson <glen.macpherson@...> wrote:

      I just learned how - finally - to roll out a much-requested feature on the Hum Map: clickable overlays of infrastructure maps and other notable points of interest. As well, a refined search tool.

      But I need the maps. I've searched and I'm not satisfied with the detail or the scope of the maps that I've found. As soon as somebody can direct me to downloadable maps of the above infrastructure (in KML format or a format that Google Maps can read), I can start building the interface for doing the overlays.

      As always, your help is appreciated.

      Thanks

      Glen

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic