13780Difference in Hum at 11,700 feet

  • marykwart
    Oct 3, 2011
      I recently backpacked the Colorado Trail from Denver to Durango. I sometimes hear the hum and sometimes don't (didn't hear it around Buena Vista, Colorado). When I do hear it is always above my head and to the right, no matter how my orientation is-- (I only hear it at night or in the early morning when I am usually laying down). An interesting thing happened when I camped at 11,700 feet--the hum was no longer perceived to be above my head, but below it. That was the only change--often the hum is more persistent in wilderness than in cities. When I camped at Baldy Lake on the Colorado Trail in a rock cirque, the hum was continuous and loud.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic