12237Re: Hum website

  • daveycannon
    Aug 8 4:52 PM
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "patty94@..." <patty94@...> wrote:

      > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "daveycannon" <daveycannon@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > My name is Dave from Australia. I first posted last year describing my experiences of the hum.
      > >
      > > I do web development and thought I'd offer to create a website where other hum suffers could share ideas and solutions.
      > >
      > > One of the main things I want to do on the site is to allow us to enter hum observations. I was thinking each observation could include;
      > >
      > > -Date/time
      > > -Location - Geographical (lat/long) and physical (in a building etc)
      > > -Description
      > > -Intensity (scale 1 to 10?)
      > > -Sound Recording
      > >
      > > If we can start a database of observations it may be helpful in the future.
      > >
      > > So if there is anyone out there that thinks this would be a good (or not so good) idea then let me know.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >
      > Hi Dave; Just wondering where in Australia, you are located at, anywhere near N.S.W.?
      > Have you had a look at John Dawes hum sufferers survey yet?
      > Patty

      Hi Patty,

      I live in Canberra, near Black Mountain.
      I have looked at John Dawes's survey. What I thought of doing was to record each observation and overlay that onto Google maps so we could get a visual representation of each observation as well as the other data such as intensity, direction etc.

      John Dawes's survey could be useful on the site and I would be happy to continue the survey if John was OK with that.

      Dave
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic