      From: lauralovesworld <lauralovesworld@...>
      Subject: HUM_FORUM: What's that noise?

      If you were to describe what you are hearing to someone who may not know
      what you are talking about, what would you say that the noise or hum sounded
      like? For example, I always describe it as sounding like a washing machine
      in the back room on a constant spin cycle! Please describe what you are
      hearing or what it sounds like to you as well as where you hear it mostly
      (location) and time(s) heard.

      The reason I want to know this is because when I have often explained it to
      people, I was borderline crazy and I really wasn't too sure how to explain
      it otherwise. I am also interested in how it sounds to others and where they
      are in connection with my location. I am in a Los Angeles suburb, actually,
      San Fernando Valley, North Hills, near Northridge, CA. My sound comes from
      the southwesterly direction. I hear it mostly at night but I can hear it if
      I listen during the daytime with all of the city noises. The sound is
      constant and it seems underground.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic