11121Re: HUM_FORUM: What's that noise?

  • janyl humphrey
    Mar 1, 2009
      Hello Laura, I'm originally from L.A., I know there's so much going on that it's hard to pinpoint a source. Is the Van Nuys Airport to the southwest from where you hear it? Also, are there any power substations nearby or those high tension power wires?
      Is the railroad line near you that main one which runs from Oxnard to near downtown L.A.?
      Are there any locales near where the buses sit & idle?
      Do you have any visible cell towers nearby? (the ones they don't disguise as palm trees, etc)
      Our Hum is also directional, at least from inside our house; though we can hear it in other locations, not only inside the house, but outside & in other people's houses...
      I need to get out to L.A. again & see if I hear it there....stuck in NC.
      We're still trying to find the exact source here (and elsewhere) too.
      Good Luck!
      Janyl in Eastern NC :) P.S. Our bathroom also seems to elevate the sound, and I also think with the pipes & tile, helps make it louder in there.