11117Re: HUM_FORUM: What's that noise?

  • rubybeth2001
    Mar 1, 2009
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, K L Lamkin <countessofcrop@...>
      wrote:
      > i have even found that compacting enough play - doh around the
      outer part of the ear to make a good seal has lessened the effect of
      the vibrations. if i lie on my left side and i have good seals on
      both ears, the sound of my heart drowns out the hum and i can get a
      reasonably good nights sleep.
      playdoh works really well also if you want to block out noisy
      neigbours and barking dogs. its cheap too.
      The smell doesn't really bother me. The doh we get here is not very
      smelly. it would probably pay to shop around as different brands have
      different smells or make your own.
      rubybeth

      > Play dough- interesting. I get know relief rom foam or wax ear
      plugs. Maybe play dough would be more pliable. Worth a try. Only
      problem is, I hate the smell. If it does the trick, I'll get used to
      the smell ! "Course that won't help when the vibrations are bad.

      > Kevann

      Hills,
      > > near
      > direction.