      From: Tom Becker <gtbecker@...>
      To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 11:02:21 AM
      Subject: Re: HUM_FORUM: Analysis of Hum Simulation Audio Files

      > ... Hum Simulation files...

      Study simulations, Chip? I question what useful data is in an
      uncontrolled simulation.

      I am aware of three recordings of Hum-like candidates: Moir in Auckland,
      Matt (Surrey) and mine (Cape Coral). These are the only recordings of
      pertinent physical phenomena, I believe, and are not contrivances
      (although I doubt that Moir's recording is more than vehicular traffic
      noises - and he will not describe his methods and seems disinclined to
      be helpful. See
      http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ humforum/ message/10365 ). The
      recordings are compiled as stereo comparisons here:
      http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ humforum/ message/10362 .

      I do not claim that mine is a recording of The Hum, but it is a
      recording of ground vibration (my term is "aggregate rumble"), greatly
      amplified (70dB, as I recall, from a piezo detector). It is close to
      what I hear but not identical.

      Tom
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic