10790Re: HUM_FORUM: Analysis of Hum Simulation Audio Files

  • zaday
    Dec 1, 2008
      Hi Tom,

      The lovely thing about life is its diversity. If you've read in a
      as the book on migraines. He has also written extensively about other
      Neurological Phenomena, such as people that smell colors.

      I have been a long time sufferer of Visual Migraines, quite an unusual
      presentation as they usually occur in the Occipital Lobe of the Brain,
      so the symptoms can vary. Mine was a presentation of scotoma followed by
      Scintillation and a classic Fortification Structures. Other see their
      vision broken up into a series of Mosiac Tiles, others suffer a
      Lilliputian Effect.

      In your effort to comprehend the HUM, you must remember that this
      phenomenon, more so that most other aspects of life experienced by
      scientist, may be the product of subjective interpretation of the event.
      People are not Lab Instruments, and as previously stated concerning the
      Migraine Variants, anything that results in an abnormal stimulation of a
      neurological process may indeed be experienced by the percipient in a
      very subjective way. Thus to believe that any specific rendition of the
      HUM, such as those supplied in the form of Simulation Files, by others
      on this forum, should adhere to a specific profile, is indeed folly, as
      it attempts to remove the Human Element. I would not rule out any of the
      HUM Simulations provided by Forum Members, and especially enjoyed
      reading about the possibility that the perception of the HUM is altered
      by the Heart Beat or Breathing. This may tell is more about the HUM
      than electronic instruments may ever be able to. (Just because the
      perception of the HUM may be altered by physiological factors does not
      mean that the HUM has a physiological cause).

      As with the HUM, we need to listen to the Hearers to understand what
      influences their perception, it will likely vary from person to person.
      One should not expect otherwise.

      Deep Regards.

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Becker <gtbecker@...> wrote:

      > > ... on the Moir Recording.
      >
      > Of course, and others agree with you and, thus, his MP3 is the defacto
      > standard model, apparently. I can't tell you that it doesn't sound
      like
      > yours; you can be the only judge of that. I just don't believe it is
      > The Hum; and Moir himself discounts his results.
      >
      > From TJMoir's web site (http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tjmoir/hum.html),
      this
      > is the defacto Moir "recording" :
      > http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tjmoir/realhum.wav of 15Nov(2006?) at
      > Glenfield/Auckland. Also from that site is a longer recording said to
      > be from the same location: http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tjmoir/meur.mp3 .
      > They are quite different. To choose one sound and propose it is The
      > Hum, and not the other, seems arbitrary, I think, lacking an
      explanation
      > of the methods. There exist no field notes of the events, no photos,
      no
      > prepared paper, and TJMoir isn't talking. This is poor quality data.
      >

      > Tom

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic