Religion In Texas

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011
      From: Mickey Hennigan <mhennigan@...>

      RELIGION IN TEXAS
      Texas Beer Joint Sues Church

      In Mt. Vernon, Texas, Drummond's Bar began construction on expansion of their building to increase their business.

      In response, the local Baptist Church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding with petitions and prayers.

      Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground!

      After the bar burning to the ground by a lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "The Power Of Prayer."

      Then the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means."

      In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

      The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented:

      "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears
      from the paperwork that we have a bar owner who believes
      in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation
      that does not."