The Good Side of the Oil Spill

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2010
      From: Paul Benoit <phyfendrum@...>

      A man claiming to represent CNN, Gary Hewing, sent out a request the other day, looking for ideas about covering the "good side" of the BP oil spill disaster.

      CNN claims they have no such person working for them; that this gentleman once worked for a radio affiliate of CNN.... I have no reason to doubt them.

      Still, I don't see why we shouldn't help out with what is either a homework assignment at OilyU, or someone's silly attempt to start a PR firm.

      """Name: Gary Hewing (CNN)
      """Category: Biotech and Healthcare
      """Media Outlet: CNN
      """Deadline: 04:00 PM EST - 2 June
      """Query:
      """Looking for pitches:
      """The Good Side of the Oil Spill - if there is any.

      THE GOOD SIDE OF THE OIL SPILL:

      - No one who owns a boat in the Gulf will have to worry about squeaky propellers any more

      - We have an endless supply of vinigrette off our shore

      - White birds are so boring

      - According to the Bible, eating shellfish is an abomination

      - If you run out of gas, just refine some of the water and you're all set

      - Finally, a chance to buy BP stock really cheap!

      - Evinrude is working on a hybrid outboard motor that runs on a mixture of sea water and crude oil

      - Ooh, lookit, it creates a sorta tie-dye effect in the water

      - When you're at the beach, the suntan oil is free

      - We no longer have to add oil to fry our shrimp

      - Coating all the Louisiana swamps with oily sludge should certainly put a dent in the mosquito population

      - Any wildlife that survive will evolve into some sort of super-animal

      - No crowded Gulf Coast beaches this summer! Plenty of room for volleyball!