1564HumanMarkup.org, Inc -- announcement

  • Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
    Nov 9, 2001
      I want to announce today HumanMarkup.org, Inc, a non-profit
      domestic corporation established to help support the activities of
      the OASIS HumanMarkup TC in ways the TC is not equipped to support.
      This includes issues pertaining to funding and application
      development. This organization has existed for several months, and
      under its banner we have conducted Phase 0 technical discussion.
      However, it is now being revamped to meet the additional needs of the
      HumanMarkup endeavor.

      Mission Statement
      -----------------
      HumanMarkup.org is a non-profit company supporting the development
      efforts of the separate OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee. The
      ultimate aim is to develop Internet tools and repository systems
      which will enhance the fidelity of human communications.

      Purpose
      --------
      1) financially support OASIS HumanMarkup TC meetings and
      processes
      2) encourage members to take part in HumanMarkup
      specification design process
      3) promote acceptance and use of HumanMarkup specifications
      through direct contact, seminars, presentations, conferences,
      posters, and other means
      4) facilitate the development of applications using HumanML
      5) sponsor the humanmarkup.repository
      6) develop applications and systems which enhance
      the fidelity of human communication and representation.
      7) provide direct application services to agencies in projects which
      incorporate HumanMarkup implementations

      Contributors
      ------
      This organization contains Rex Brooks, Joseph W. Norris, and myself
      as its directors, and I am the chair. Additionally Kurt Cagle is
      volunteering his time and effort right now towards promulgating this
      effort as well. Contributers are encouraged to join.

      so far...
      --------
      Over the last three months, we have established the core set of
      business procedures and documents for the company. Interested
      parties are invited to participate in this organization as well by
      contacting any of us directly. For the last few weeks, we were
      negotiating a possible relationship with OASIS in which we would be
      able to partner with them more directly in this effort. Due to the
      fact that our endeavor was still nascent, we were to hold off on that
      for now. Thus, at this time, HumanMarkup.org, Inc is completely
      separate from the OASIS HumanMarkup TC.

      We are also working with various US government agencies to establish
      an official relationship with many of the activities being done,
      especially focusing on events related to recent events. Ideally, we
      will be able to help the government develop several real-world
      applications using HumanMarkup.

      Discussion Group
      public discussion agenda, we will open up the board for public
      contributions once again.

      (as a reminder,the current HumanMarkup OASIS TC discussion is held at
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup)

      Thanks very much. Please contact any of us for further information.

      Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
      HumanMarkup.org, Inc.
      rkthunga@...
      (646) 456-9076