1542RE: [humanmarkup] Re: [h-anim] HumanML Thoughts

  • Bullard, Claude L (Len)
    Aug 23, 2001
      I'm pulling Carol from the reply list because we are probably
      bumming her out with design discussion.

      Rex or Niclas: the UPenn work has never been publicly discussed
      on the list. If you have studied it, can you provide a summary
      of the what Laban Movement Analysis and the EMOTE engine do and
      how they work. It may be that these are implementations of the
      kind of middleware that Cindy states is HumanML's to do, but it
      is also likely that these are implementation solutions people
      can use but are not necessarily useful for the spec other than
      to show the spec can be used by them. In other words, they
      are systems that can consume HumanML but don't define it.
      Without more details, it's hard to tell.

      Len
      http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

      Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
      Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h