Trying to get a little organized.. .

  • Shelly Hattan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2005

      John & I went to look at a place located in Grapevine – it’s somewhat run down, but it has some possibilities. I’d like to try to show the place to you guys so you can get an idea. What I like about the location is that it’s in Grapevine and had an area that’s safe for the kids to play outdoors. The owner would not be opposed to us putting up a swing set if we wanted.

      $400 /month for approximately 312 sf

      $650 /month for 900 sf – can get $100 off if we agree to mow the lawns.

      If we are looking to spend this amount each month, I’d like us to consider stepping up our meeting frequency.

      Also, I know we have a to-do list. Let’s start whittling away on it.

      I need to get 501©(3) paperwork going. I’ll be contacting the Austin group for some help since we’re going for a religious exemption.

      Shannon – let’s try to get a checking account set up – we’ll need that for the 501©(3) paperwork. Also, this weekend is the family activity weekend. I’d like to get word out so we can try to attract other families.

      David – how are you coming on the web page stuff?

      John, can you post our to-do list and also who is in charge of what next month?

      I think the next meeting assignments are as follows:

      Music: Shannon

      Snacks: John & Shelly

      Science Project: ?

      Service: Cynthia

      Children: Shelly

      Cynthia, I was wondering what you were planning on talking about. I’d like to know so I can try to do something with the Sunday School that will compliment it.

      For example: I have a great song by Laurie Berkner called, “I’m not perfect”. It’d be great to have a service dedicated to talking about being perfect.

      I seem to remember that Joe wanted to speak, too. I want to make sure we don’t have a scheduling conflict.

      I’m also very excited about the upcoming affiliation with the AEU. The national board is very interested in supporting us (not monetarily) and in helping us grow.

      Sincerely,

      Shelly

    • Shannon Croft
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2005
        Shelly,

        Let us know when we can look at the property. Thanks
        for checking that out!

        I'll start looking into the checking account.

        As for the upcoming outing - I did not realize that
        this weekend is mother's day. It is not a problem for
        us, but might be for other families. I think we will
        plan for the Dallas Museum of Art/Nasher Sculpture
        Center combo. Both places sell a combo ticket for
        $16, ($8 for students, yay!) Kids 12 and under are
        FREE. They open at 11am. The forcast calls for
        scattered showers, but hopefully it will be alright
        since DMA is inside and Nasher is both outside and
        inside.

        Tommy and I won't be attending church this month. I
        will be sending the music selection with David. I had
        previously volunteered to do the science lesson, but
        since I won't be there, someone else needs to do it.

        Talk to you later,

        Shannon
      • Shelly Hattan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          > Let us know when we can look at the property.

          The 900 sf bldg is not locked and can be looked at any time. The smaller
          space can be looked at if someone is in the larger building.

          FWIW, the utilities are included in the price and we can put up a sign on
          the outside of the building.

          (address: 414 N Main, Grapevine)

          We can go at any time to look at the property. It really depends on your
          schedule.

          > I'll start looking into the checking account.

          We had good luck with Wells Fargo when we opened up the Metroplex Atheists
          checking account.

          > I think we will
          > plan for the Dallas Museum of Art/Nasher Sculpture
          > Center combo. Both places sell a combo ticket for
          > $16, ($8 for students, yay!) Kids 12 and under are
          > FREE. They open at 11am. The forcast calls for
          > scattered showers, but hopefully it will be alright
          > since DMA is inside and Nasher is both outside and
          > inside.

          Let's try to go Sunday - do we want to do a Mother's Day brunch/buffet at a
          nearby hotel?

          > I had
          > previously volunteered to do the science lesson, but
          > since I won't be there, someone else needs to do it.

          I'll do the science lesson. Cynthia - you have inspired me!
        • David Wallace Croft
          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2005
            Shelly:

            --- Shelly Hattan <shelly@...> wrote:
            > David - how are you coming on the web page stuff?

            I gave it an update a couple of weeks ago. At our
            meeting this weekend, John said he would do the online
            picture thing. I'll upload the updated Bylaws when I
            get them from our Secretary.

            > I think the next meeting assignments are as follows:
            > Music: Shannon
            > Snacks: John & Shelly
            > Science Project: ?
            > Service: Cynthia
            > Children: Shelly

            I can do the science project if no one else has
            already volunteered.

            > I seem to remember that Joe wanted to speak, too. I
            > want to make sure we
            > don't have a scheduling conflict.

            We had him down tentatively for June:

            Since we started using this list for administrative
            and operational planning, two people unsubscribed. I
            did not recognize who they were by their e-mail
            addresses. Do we want to go back to using the other
            list for this kind of stuff?

            --
            David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 mobile / (214) 731-9284 home