Re: affiliation

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005
      Dallas Brights:

      --- BKirkhart@... wrote:
      > Atheist Alliance International
      > There's something fishy on the AAI Web site:
      > http://www.Atheistalliance.org
      > Link to EvolveFISH from this site and see their line
      > of products, and your
      > purchase will benefit AAI.
      > And don't forget Amazon.com. The Alliance will
      > benefit from your purchase,
      > if you go to the AAI web site FIRST and then click
      > on Amazon on the right hand
      > side of the AAI page. That will take you to Amazon
      > and AAI will reap benefits
      > at no extra cost to you. You can
      > also get to Office Depot, Toys 'R' Us, and a few
      > other vendors via this
      > AAI--Amazon link. The AAI/Amazon route even
      > recognizes any Amazon cookies
      > you may have established.

      I talked to Bobbie Kirkhart of Atheist Alliance
      International (AAI) today. I expressed how pleased I
      was that AAI was a democratic all-volunteer
      organization. Unfortunately it turns out that AAI is
      no longer all-volunteer as of just recently. It looks
      like some of the money collected from their Amazon.com
      links will be going to pay salaries from now on.

      Does anyone know of a national or international
      organization for brights that is both democratic and
      all-volunteer? If not, maybe we should start one.

      =====
      David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 mobile / (214) 731-9284 home