Re: Nova: The Elegant Universe

  • Juan Meridalva
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In humanistchurch@yahoogroups.com, David Wallace Croft
      <david.croft@v...> wrote:
      > Nova: The Elegant Universe
      > Tonight on PBS at 7 PM.
      >
      > > "The Elegant Universe: Einstein's Dream; String's the Thing",
      Episode #3012W.
      > > Author Brian Greene (``The Elegant Universe'') explains string
      theory; physicists attempt to unify general relativity and quantum
      mechanics; string theory states that vibrating strands of energy
      give rise to all the elementary particles.

      David:
      Very interesting. There is a theory that unifies quantum mechanics
      and relativity through a concept of oscillating space time metrics
      where string theory may be derived, it is more fundamental because
      it explains more, including for example the progression of time,
      inertia, the two slit experiment of Alan Aspect etc.

      www.estfound.org

      I have been to your site, I appreciate your knowledge and effort.

      The best to you.

      juan meridalva
      www.geocities.com/meridalva/Ethics-Art-Gallery.html

    • David Wallace Croft
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        Juan,

        I taped it but unfortunately the tape was overwritten before I could
        watch it. If it airs again, someone let me know.

        Juan Meridalva wrote:
        >>>"The Elegant Universe: Einstein's Dream; String's the Thing",

        > Very interesting. There is a theory that unifies quantum mechanics
        [...]
        > www.estfound.org

        I filed it for future reading.

        > juan meridalva
        > www.geocities.com/meridalva/Ethics-Art-Gallery.html

        I guess you are that transhumanist artist mentioned in the WTA page.
        This may interest you:
        http://www.transhumanistchurch.org/

        Where do you live?

        --