Humanist Church

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
      Fellow Freethinkers,

      Upon closer examination of the traditional use of the term "Freethought"
      and in consideration of my goals and desires for the purpose of the new
      church, I have decided to rename the "Freethought Fellowship" to the
      "Humanist Church".

      If you would like to participate in the organization of the Humanist
      Church, please subscribe to the new mailing lists for announcements and
      discussion:
      http://egroups.com/group/humanistchurch-announce
      http://egroups.com/group/humanistchurch

      The web site, http://www.humanistchurch.org/, should be accessible in a
      day or two.

      What is Humanism?
      http://www.americanhumanist.org/humanism/definitions.htm

      The Humanist Society of Friends
      http://www.hsof.org/

      --
      David Wallace Croft, President
      CroftSoft Inc (www.croftsoft.com)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
        Rodney Merrill,

        rlmerrill wrote:
        > I am 52 years old. I've always wanted to serve in a
        > ministerial capacity but could never find an organization that suited
        > me. I think I have found it in the humanist church and the ethical society.
        >
        > Unfortunately, there are no branches of either organization where I
        > live. Do you offer correspondence study? How does one become a minister
        > (leader) in your church?
        >
        > Rodney L. Merrill
        > Astoria OR

        We just got started so we do not have anything organized. You are
        welcome to hang out on our mailing lists and help us get going.

        Here are some URLs that might interest you:
        http://www.hofw.org/minister.htm
        http://www.hsof.org/celebrants.htm#Oregon
        http://www.hsof.org/

        --
        David Wallace Croft
        http://alumni.caltech.edu/~croft/
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
          Arthur,

          Arthur Jackson wrote:
          > I'm following up on your invitation to visit your web page. I was
          > interested in your current exploration of possibly becoming a member
          > group of the American Ethical Union. My group (the Humanist Community
          > in Palo Alto -- www.humanists.org) has been a chapter of AHA since it
          > was set up in 1962. We are just now trying to get a Humanist Kids
          > Program established.

          I have 3 kids. Very pleased to hear about the Humanist Kids Program.
          Is it going to be a local thing only? I'd like to track that project.

          > A number of us will be going to Las Vegas for the AHA Conference 7-9
          > May. If any of your people will be there maybe we could have an
          > informal meeting and explore ways we could help each other.

          I was not planning on going but your offer is tempting. I'll let you
          know if any of us decide to go.

          --
          David Wallace Croft
          http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~croft/