  • Jerry Weiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2009

      Hi -
      Here's a memo regarding our next event.  Would appreciate your circulating the information.
      Thanks,
      Jerry Weiss, Dallas ACLU
      The Dallas Chapter of the ACLU of Texas

      Presents

      40 Years after Stonewall:

      An Interactive Discussion on Gay Rights

      6 to 8 pm, July 15, 2009

      Highland Park Cafeteria Private Room

      1200 N. Buckner Blvd. [at Garland Road ]

      Dallas, Texas

      Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Stonewall riots that sparked the gay rights movement, the Dallas Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (DACLU) of Texas will hold an interactive discussion on the legal rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.  We will be featuring a speaker from Lambda Legal (the nation’s oldest legal organization serving the GLBT community).  Background information may include a showing of an episode of the ACLU’s acclaimed “Freedom Files” documentary series:  “Same Sex Couples”.

      What: 40 Years after Stonewall:

      An Interactive Discussion on Gay Rights

      When: July 15, 2009, from 6 – 8 p.m.

      Where:  Highland Park Cafeteria Private Room

      1200 N. Buckner Blvd. (at Garland Rd. ), Dallas

      Cost: Free and open to the public

      The Freedom Files television series draws on the power of true stories to highlight vital civil liberties issues of our time and inspire viewers to take action.  These half-hour documentaries feature the firsthand accounts of real people who have taken on the powers that be, often at great risk to themselves, in order to preserve their precious constitutional rights.  The Freedom Files series is distributed nationwide to public television stations through the National Educational Telecommunications Association. For air dates and times, visit http://aclu.tv/

      Questions? Contact Jerry Weiss, 214-369 -4173