DACLU Freedom Files Event

  • Jerry Weiss
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2009

      [Please circulate-Please Attend]

      ACLU of Texas Plans Freedom Files Event in Casa Linda, East Dallas

      A Film Concerned with Torture and Accountability

      to be Screened May 20

      DALLAS – The Dallas Chapter of  the American Civil Liberties Union (ALCU) of Texas will hold a free screening of the Freedom Files’  film on torture (“Abuse of Power”), an episode of the successful ACLU documentary series now in its second season.

      What: ACLU Freedom Files Screening:  “Abuse of Power”

      When: May 20 @ 6 – 8 p.m.

      Where: 1200 N. Buckner Blvd. (at Garland Rd.)

      Highland Park Cafeteria Private Room

      Cost: Free and open to the public

      Chip Pitts, ACLU Dallas Chapter board member and president of the independent Bill of Rights Defense Committee, will lead discussion after the film.

      “We would love for the freedom-loving people of Dallas to join us at this event,” said Dallas  Chapter President Anne Shuttee. “Freedom Files is an excellent series focusing on the people who continue to fight for rights and liberties in our great country.”

      The Freedom Files television series draws on the power of true stories to highlight vital civil liberties issues of our time and inspire viewers to take action. These half-hour documentaries feature the firsthand accounts of real people who have taken on the powers that be, often at great risk to themselves, in order to preserve their precious constitutional rights.

      Freedom Files is distributed nationwide to public television stations through the National Educational Telecommunications Association. For air dates and times, visit http://aclu.tv/

      ###