Re: Democracy Day

  • Juan Meridalva
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2006
      -

      -- In humanistfellowship@yahoogroups.com, David Wallace Croft
      <croft@...> wrote:

      > North Texas Humanists,
      >

      > We currently celebrate two holidays:
      > http://www.croftpress.com/david/archives/humanistchurch/#celebrate
      >
      > Our next quarterly business meeting is this Saturday immediately
      > following the service. I am considering proposing the following
      motion
      > at that meeting:
      > "To adopt Democracy Day as an official holiday of the Fellowship."
      >
      > A feature that distinguishes our group from others in the North
      Texas
      > area is our use of the democratic process. This was a key issue in
      the
      > founding of our organization and a major reason why we chose to
      > associate ourselves with the tradition of American Religious
      Humanism.
      > By adopting this holiday, we both safeguard and promote democracy
      > within our organization and the world at large.

      ---good work on that David.
      Can you David or someone else in this list tell me how or whom or
      what sorts messages in lists and posts them under individual names?
      i dindn't know this but a cople of weeks ago a friend typed my name
      in the search box and a couple of pages appear of things I have done
      in the web, including a message I posted on this list. Someone picked
      up some of my best postings in several lists... or is it an automatic
      process?
      Thanks.
      juan meridalva

    • David Wallace Croft
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
        Juan,

        --- Juan Meridalva <meridalva@...> wrote:
        > Can you David or someone else in this list tell me how or whom or
        > what sorts messages in lists and posts them under individual names?
        > i dindn't know this but a cople of weeks ago a friend typed my name
        > in the search box and a couple of pages appear of things I have done
        > in the web, including a message I posted on this list. Someone picked
        >
        > up some of my best postings in several lists... or is it an automatic
        >
        > process?

        It is all automatic. You can dig through the archives here:

        --
        David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 m
        http://www.CroftSoft.com/people/david/
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
          Juan,

          --- David Wallace Croft <croft@...> wrote:
          > It is all automatic. You can dig through the archives here:

          It deleted the URL because I copied it from the footer reply. Here it
          is: