Family Outings

  • Shannon Croft
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      Dear Fellow Humanists,

      We have been having such a good time at the family meetups from
      meetup.com http://atheists.meetup.com/74/ that we have decided to
      eliminate the playgroup at this time and just continue with 2nd Sunday
      field trips and meetups.

      Here's what's coming up:

      **Family Meetup - Saturday August 13th, 11:00am**

      We will meet at the Galleria Mall Children's Play Place (third level
      near Nordstrom's) at 11am for Storytime Saturday (free). This will
      involve storytelling, sing-alongs and improvisational comedy routines.

      Then we will dine together at one of the many restaurants inside the mall.

      At 1pm we will proceed to the Ice Skating Center for an enjoyable time
      of slip-sliding and gliding. Our group price there will be $7.50 per
      person which includes skates - non-skaters are free.

      Please RSVP for this event at the meetup.com site:
      http://atheists.meetup.com/74/

      **Humanist Fellowship Field Trip - Sunday August 14th, 11:00am**

      This month we are going to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and
      History. We will check out their all new Lone Star Dinosaur exhibit.
      It is all interactive 8000 sq. ft. exhibit that lets kids be
      palentologists!

      Kids 6 and under can enjoy Kidspace! It has a lot of pretend play
      including a store, puppets, water play, blocks etc.

      The all new ExploraZone has 32 hands-on activities, focusing on color,
      sound, music, energy and more!

      Their famous Omni Theater has several movies showing, including
      Fighter Pilot, Mystery of the Nile, T-Rex, and The Living Sea.

      General Admission (Combo) Price
      (1 Omni Film, 1 Planetarium Show and all Museum Exhibits)
      Adult: $13.00 | Child/Senior: $11.00

      Individual Ticket Prices: Adult Child/Senior
      Omni Theater $7.00 $6.00
      Noble Planetarium $3.50 $3.50
      Museum Exhibits $7.00 $6.00

      "Child" is children ages 3-12

      Let's meet inside near the ticketing area at 11:00am. Please contact
      me with any questions. Call 214-636-3790 if you are running late and
      we can look for you. Hope to see you this weekend!

      ~Shannon Croft