Humanist Church service Saturday

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2003
      North Texas Humanists,

      Who.....: Cynthia Keaton, "An Introduction to Austrian Economics"
      What....: Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT) service
      When....: 2003 Dec 20 Sat 11:30
      Where...: Denton UU Fellowship, 1111 Cordell Street, Denton, Texas
      How.....: Music, Education, and Discussion
      Why.....: Fellowship and Support

      For driving directions, please see our web site:
      http://www.humanistchurch.org/

      Immediately after the service, we will be holding our quarterly business
      meeting. Motions likely to be introduced include renewing our rental
      agreement with the DUUF, joining the American Humanist Association (AHA)
      as a Membership Chapter, and modifying requirements for a quorum.

      We usually eat lunch together at the Evergreen Super Buffet after the
      service. We may hold our business meeting there or we may meet there
      right after the business meeting.

      We will resume our post-service reading and discussion group in January.
      With 3 votes at our last meeting, we approved "Economics for Real
      People: An Introduction to the Austrian School" by Gene Callahan as our
      next reading selection. This book is available for $11.00 from
      Amazon.com. We will cover the first half of the book in January and the
      second half in February.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0945466358/metroplexathe-20

      With love and respect,
      --
      David Wallace Croft, Secretary
      Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
        North Texas Humanists,

        Who.....: Shelly Hattan, "The Seashell on the Mountaintop"
        What....: Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT) service
        When....: 2004 Jan 17 Sat 11:30
        Where...: Denton UU Fellowship, 1111 Cordell Street, Denton, Texas
        How.....: Music, Education, and Discussion
        Why.....: Fellowship and Support

        For driving directions, please see our web site:
        http://www.humanistchurch.org/

        Shelly Hattan, Secretary of the Metroplex Atheists and former Director
        of the Texas American Atheists, will present a review of "The Seashell
        on the Mountaintop: A Story of Science, Sainthood, and the Humble Genius
        Who Discovered a New History of the Earth" by Alan Cutler:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0525947086/metroplexathe-20

        In our reading and discussion group, we will be discussing the first
        half of "Economics for Real People: An Introduction to the Austrian
        School" by Gene Callahan. This book is available for $11.00 from
        Amazon.com. We will cover the second half of the book in February.