Humanist Church service Saturday

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2003
      North Texas Humanists,

      John Hattan, Chair of the Metroplex Atheists, will be our speaker at the
      November 15th service of the Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT). He
      will be talking about the late Isaac Asimov, famous science fiction
      writer and President of the American Humanist Association. For more
      information, please see our web site:
      http://www.humanistchurch.org/

      Now that the Humanist Church is into its 5th month of services, I may be
      cross-posting to the other mailing lists less frequently. If you would
      like to continue to receive these monthly announcements, please
      subscribe to the Humanist Church announcements mailing list by sending a
      blank e-mail message to humanistchurch-announce-subscribe@egroups.com or
      by visiting the mailing list web site:

      With love and respect,
      --
      David Wallace Croft, Secretary
      Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2003
        North Texas Humanists,

        Who.....: Cynthia Keaton, "An Introduction to Austrian Economics"
        What....: Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT) service
        When....: 2003 Dec 20 Sat 11:30
        Where...: Denton UU Fellowship, 1111 Cordell Street, Denton, Texas
        How.....: Music, Education, and Discussion
        Why.....: Fellowship and Support

        For driving directions, please see our web site:
        http://www.humanistchurch.org/

        Immediately after the service, we will be holding our quarterly business
        meeting. Motions likely to be introduced include renewing our rental
        agreement with the DUUF, joining the American Humanist Association (AHA)
        as a Membership Chapter, and modifying requirements for a quorum.

        We usually eat lunch together at the Evergreen Super Buffet after the
        service. We may hold our business meeting there or we may meet there
        right after the business meeting.

        We will resume our post-service reading and discussion group in January.
        With 3 votes at our last meeting, we approved "Economics for Real
        People: An Introduction to the Austrian School" by Gene Callahan as our
        next reading selection. This book is available for $11.00 from
        Amazon.com. We will cover the first half of the book in January and the
        second half in February.
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0945466358/metroplexathe-20

        With love and respect,
        --
        David Wallace Croft, Secretary
        Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT)
        http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~croft/
        (214) 731-9284
      • David Wallace Croft
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
          North Texas Humanists,

          Who.....: Shelly Hattan, "The Seashell on the Mountaintop"
          What....: Humanist Church of North Texas (HCNT) service
          When....: 2004 Jan 17 Sat 11:30
          Where...: Denton UU Fellowship, 1111 Cordell Street, Denton, Texas
          How.....: Music, Education, and Discussion
          Why.....: Fellowship and Support

          For driving directions, please see our web site:
          http://www.humanistchurch.org/

          Shelly Hattan, Secretary of the Metroplex Atheists and former Director
          of the Texas American Atheists, will present a review of "The Seashell
          on the Mountaintop: A Story of Science, Sainthood, and the Humble Genius
          Who Discovered a New History of the Earth" by Alan Cutler:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0525947086/metroplexathe-20

          In our reading and discussion group, we will be discussing the first
          half of "Economics for Real People: An Introduction to the Austrian
          School" by Gene Callahan. This book is available for $11.00 from
          Amazon.com. We will cover the second half of the book in February.