Dennett video, North Texas Atheists

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2006
      North Texas Humanists,

      At our next service on September 23rd Saturday 11:00, we will be
      presenting a half-hour video of a recent speech by the philosopher and
      cognitive scientist Daniel Dennett, author of "Breaking the Spell:
      Religion as a Natural Phenomenon". In Religious Education class, we
      will be reading to the children from the picture book "Life on Earth:
      The Story of Evolution" by Steve Jenkins. Immediately following the
      service we will hold our quarterly business meeting.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Dennett
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_the_Spell:_Religion_as_a_Natural_Phenomenon

      We had 4 adults and 4 children in attendance at our August service. We
      thank our President, Joe Kleehammer, for his sermon on "Humanist
      Lessons from the Lord of the Rings". We also thank Shannon Croft for
      leading the children in crafts during the service.

      We discovered a new group on MySpace.com that just started, the North
      Texas Atheists. They also have a Yahoo Groups mailing list. I added
      them to our growing list of local organizations on the Dallas Brights
      webpage.
      http://groups.myspace.com/northtexasatheists
      http://www.dallasbrights.org/

      --
      David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 m
      http://www.CroftSoft.com/people/david/
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2006
        North Texas Humanists,

        --- David Wallace Croft <david@...> wrote:
        > At our next service on September 23rd Saturday 11:00, we will be
        > presenting a half-hour video of a recent speech by the philosopher
        > and
        > cognitive scientist Daniel Dennett, author of "Breaking the Spell:
        > Religion as a Natural Phenomenon". In Religious Education class, we
        > will be reading to the children from the picture book "Life on Earth:
        > The Story of Evolution" by Steve Jenkins. Immediately following the
        > service we will hold our quarterly business meeting.
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Dennett

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_the_Spell:_Religion_as_a_Natural_Phenomenon

        The automatic announcement did not go out this month because I had the
        calendar misconfigured. If you happen to read this in time, I hope you
        will join us this morning.