Re: Sparta vs Hitler's Germany

  • Sauwelios
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
      --- In human_superhuman@yahoogroups.com, "perpetualburn30298"
      <perpetualburn30298@...> wrote:

      > Carl Jung said:
      >
      > "Where love reigns, there is no will to power; and where the will to
      > power is paramount, love is lacking. The one is but the shadow of the
      > other."

      This is not Nietzschean: love is actually a *form* of the will to
      power according to Nietzsche (albeit a deceptive form): see, e.g., WTP
      776.
    • perpetualburn30298
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
        --- In human_superhuman@yahoogroups.com, "Sauwelios" <sauwelios@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In human_superhuman@yahoogroups.com, "perpetualburn30298"
        > <perpetualburn30298@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Carl Jung said:
        > >
        > > "Where love reigns, there is no will to power; and where the will to
        > > power is paramount, love is lacking. The one is but the shadow of the
        > > other."
        > >

        > This is not Nietzschean: love is actually a *form* of the will to
        > power according to Nietzsche (albeit a deceptive form): see, e.g., WTP
        > 776.

        I didn't think it sounded very Nietzschean when I copied it. I guess
        what I'm getting it then, is how perfectly women's expression of will
        to power complimented men's in Sparta. I don't understand really how
        someone like Jung who knew so much about Nietzsche could separate love
        and will to power like that. =