Michael Sokoloff, Aramaic in Late Antiquity

  • Kristian Heal
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2013
    I am very pleased to announce the following lecture to be given at BYU next Wednesday:

    Professor Michael Sokoloff
    Aramaic in Late Antiquity

    Wednesday March 6th, 2013
    B135, Joseph F. Smith Building (JFSB), Brigham Young University

    Professor Michael Sokoloff is Professor emeritus of Hebrew and Semitic Languages at Bar Ilan University, Israel, where he taught for his entire academic career. He has also been a visiting professor at Yale University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Johns Hopkins University, and a Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Studies at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem

    Professor Sokoloff’s research is focused on the Aramaic of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Targum to Job, Enoch), Christian Palestinian Aramaic (together with Ch. Muller-Kessler), and the lexicography of the Aramaic dialects of the first millennium CE. His major publications include: A Dictionary of Jewish Palestinian Aramaic (1990); A Dictionary of Jewish Babylonian Aramaic (2002); A Dictionary of Judean Aramaic (2003); and A Syriac Lexicon (2009). He is currently in the advanced stages of writing a Dictionary of Christian Palestinian Aramaic.
  • Duckeun Cho
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      Thanks for your report on the very useful lecture.

      I have the immnse A Syriac Lexicon which shows me the way to the deep understanding on the aramaic or hebrew as well as on the syriac. I am eager to participate in the lecture. But I will not be able to attend it. Please send the file of lecture through this hugoye-list for the members like me.