Jewish-Christian Encounters

  • Aaron Michael Butts
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
    Michal Bar-Asher Siegal requested that I post the following announcement
    to the list:

    ---

    I wanted to bring to your attention the new summer program for the study
    of Jewish-Christian encounters at Tel Aviv University.

    The program is a 6- week English language program, designed for students
    (with/in the process of an advanced degree such as M.A., M.Div., M.A.R,
    Ph.D., etc.) in ancient Judaism and early Christianity.
    The program will provide students with basic scholarly skills in the
    Hebrew language and an introduction to the foundational rabbinic texts
    and to their manner of interacting with early Christian texts. It will
    expose them to current scholarship and to leading Israeli scholars in
    these fields, as well as to various archeological sites.

    I am attaching a flayer describing the program, as well as a link to our
    website:
    http://international.tau.ac.il/prospective-students/summer-programs/jewish-christian-encounter-advanced-program.html