Religion in Late Antiquity workshop, Knoxville (April 30-May 1)

  • Shepardson, Christine (Tina)
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
      All,
      Please note that there is now a conference hotel discount available to any out-of-town participants if you make your reservation by April 16.
      Details are available under the accommodations link on the workshop website: http://web.utk.edu/~marco/southeast/workshop.shtml <http://web.utk.edu/~marco/southeast/workshop.shtml>

      We look forward to seeing you in Knoxville. Please remember to let me know if you plan to join us: cshepard@...

      Tina Shepardson
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religious Studies
      University of Tennessee
      Knoxville, TN 37996
      http://web.utk.edu/~religion/

      ________________________________

      Dear Colleagues,

      Please help spread the word, and I hope that those of you who live within striking distance of Knoxville will attend:

      Southeast Regional Workshop: "Religion and Culture in Late Antiquity"
      April 30-May 1, 2010
      University of Tennessee, Knoxville

      This regional workshop is funded by the American Academy of Religion, the Marco Institute (UT), the Department of Religious Studies (UT), and the Humanities Initiative (UT), and will be a chance for all scholars of religion and scholars of late antiquity to discuss the work in progress of four prominent faculty from our region. We are pleased that Elizabeth Alexander (University of Virginia), David Hunter (University of Kentucky), Robin Jensen (Vanderbilt University), and Jeremy Schott (University of North Carolina, Charlotte) have agreed to present their work for discussion. We welcome and encourage all interested faculty, graduate students, and advanced undergraduate students to attend. Papers will be circulated ahead of time to everyone who expresses interest in attending.

      For more information, please visit http://web.utk.edu/~marco/southeast/workshop.shtml <http://web.utk.edu/~marco/southeast/workshop.shtml> , or email cshepard@... <mailto:cshepard@...> .

      N.B.: If you plan to attend the workshop, please email me, Tina Shepardson: cshepard@... <mailto:cshepard@...> . More details will be forthcoming.

      very best,
      Tina