Looking for Syriac Text of the Commentary of Chrysostomus on Roman Epistel

  • Gabriel Rabo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2001
      Shlomo all

      I am looking for the syriac text of the commentary of Chrysostomus on Roman
      Epistel. I searched in many catalogues and literature, but I could not find
      it. Does some body know, if the text existes now or not? If yes, please let
      me know the sourse.

      I am sure that Bar Salibi used the syriac text of the commentary of
      Chrysostomus for his commentary on the Roman Epistel and not the original
      greek one.

      Thanks

      Gabriel Rabo

      Suryoyo Online: http://www.suryoyo-online.org/
    • Schmidt Andrea
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2001
        Dear Mr. Rabo,
        there exist the second part of the commentary of John Chrysostomus on
        Roman Epistle in an very old manuscript in the new syriac founds in
        Deir Surian (Wadi Natrun). In describing the manuscript, I myself
        asked if there exists other manuscripts of the version. But I didnt
        find them so far. Unluckily Lucas van Rompay and me are not allowed
        by the bishop of the monastery to give further informations to this
        or other manuscripts. You must wait until the catalogue will be
        established.
        Andrea Schmidt

        >Shlomo all
        >
        >I am looking for the syriac text of the commentary of Chrysostomus on Roman
        >Epistel. I searched in many catalogues and literature, but I could not find
        >it. Does some body know, if the text existes now or not? If yes, please let
        >me know the sourse.
        >
        >I am sure that Bar Salibi used the syriac text of the commentary of
        >Chrysostomus for his commentary on the Roman Epistel and not the original
        >greek one.
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Gabriel Rabo
        >
        >Suryoyo Online: http://www.suryoyo-online.org/