Re: Codex Syriacus Secundus

  • Roger Pearse
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008
      --- In hugoye-list@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Kessel
      <gregorykessel@...> wrote:

      > It may be of interest to many on the list that a precious melkite
      ms known as Codex Syriacus Secundus was recently sold at Christie's
      for 96,000 USD (it was published in facsimile Strothmann W., (hrg.),
      Codex syriacus secundus. Bibel-Palimpsest aus dem 6./7. Jh. (Katalog
      Hiersemann 500/3) (Göttinger Orientforschungen : Reihe 1, Syriaca ;
      Bd. 13), Wiesbaden: Otto Harrassowitz, 1977).
      > The manuscript used be housed at the Cincinnati museum center and
      some scholars tried to get a copy of it, but were unsuccessful. The
      new location of the manuscript is not anounced.

      > http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?
      from=searchresults&intObjectID=4747435&sid=b3b7f853-3b51-4536-8eaa-
      1d8442382df8

      Very interesting indeed - thank you! I'm glad that I didn't know
      about the sale, as there were many items one might covet.

      All the best,

      Roger Pearse