Re: Vowel quantity

  • charankuwaqachiq
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28 4:52 AM
      Dear Gareth,
      I thank you with all my heart for your answer! Is vowel phonetic
      (non-phonological) quantity influenced by the position of the vowel in
      the word? It seems to me that, for ex., ptaha tends to be long when
      stressed in syllables not ending with two consonants, in the Syriac
      speech of native Arabic speakers...
      Thank you very much again!!!
      Shlama,
      Davide