RE: [hugoye-list] George Elmacin / Girgis al-Makin (Ibn Amid), World history/al-Majmu` al-Mubarak

  • Witold Witakowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
          Dear Roger,

         There is an Ethiopic translation of this chronicle, known as that of Giyorgis Wäldä (= Eth.: ‘son of’) Amid, that I dealt with in a paper presented at a conference in Germany three years ago:

      WW, ‘Ethiopic universalchronography’, [in:] Julius Africanus unddie christliche Welchronistik, herausgegeben von Martin Wallraff,(Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften: Texte und Untersuchungenzur Geschichte der altchristlichen Literatur, Band 157), Berlin: Walter deGruyter, c2006, pp. 285-301;

        I put there all bbg data that I was aware of (much of which have already been provided byother Hugoye members). As this may not be easily accessible I attach it here (I have an electronic offprint from the publisher).

         With all good wishes,

         Witold Witakowski

         Uppsala Univ. , Sweden