RE: [hugoye-list] Manuscript Workshop Clarification

  • Shepardson, Christine (Tina)
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2008
      Oshana,
      Thank you. Certainly that would make a very useful and interesting conference. The conference planned in Knoxville, TN is of a different scope, organized by Latin scholars who advertised widely in the hope of hosting the best papers possible. I do, though, hope that something can be done to address the violences you mention.
      sincerely,
      Tina Shepardson
      University of Tennessee, Knoxville

      From: Shepardson, Christine (Tina) <cshepard@...>
      To: hugoye-list@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 29, 2008, 12:19 PM

      As the lone Syriac scholar here at the University of Tennessee, might I add my encouragement as well. It was a pleasure to chair Michael's session last year, and I would love to have more Syriac and related fields represented for that weekend here in Knoxville. I will be attending all the sessions, and would love to have more languages from the eastern Mediterranean world represented.
      best,
      Tina Shepardson
      Assistant Professor
      University of Tennessee, Knoxville