Re: Remapping the Syriac keybord

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
      I've done the same thing in reverse - I've set up my Hebrew keyboard
      layout to follow the Arabic layout which I use far more often (it's
      also allowed me to set up Hebrew vowel pointing to my own
      satisfaction).

      Just use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater (Microsoft KLC, which you
      can download from the Microsoft site in several versions), start
      with your target alphabet - Hebrew - and just go through letter by
      letter changing the symbols mapped onto it. There should be no
      problems - Syriac Aramaic script should map easily enough onto
      Square Aramaic script, after all.

      Best,

      John